Merscil_KingArthur

MedievalMasterMerscil-MMM

50 XP

4th November 2005

0 Uploads

199 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Hi there, I'm reskinning the Dooku model. My goal was to make a new Sith Lord as a personal skin. I didn't want him to be human, but of some other race. I'm done with the head now and I'm satisfied with it. Now, here's my problem. Whenever it comes to skinning clothes, making textures for them etc., I seem to be inspirationless. I really don't know what to do with the clothes but I want them to be different from Dooku's and I don't want to drop the project. newrs6.jpg

Here's what I have done so far. I have tried some attempts on the clothing but nothing I did seemed to be good enough. And I don't want it to be a simple recoloring so. I need idea's for the clothes.

Crossbolt

Semi-Phenomenal Nearly Cosmic

50 XP

31st August 2006

0 Uploads

348 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Its looking good so far, but if you are just reskinning the Dooku model, that means you need to use the same clothing models he wears. If you were able to give a pic of the clothing, I know at least I would be able to come up with some more suggestions for you. Just a thought...

Merscil_KingArthur

50 XP

4th November 2005

0 Uploads

199 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Ok then I will give a bit more information. Here are some screenshots with the clothes included. As you can see I've got two possibilities (speaking about the model): that is either to use the cape or to leave it out. On this screenshots you can see that I have made an attempt of doing a little bit of retexturing on the torso, nothing amazing though. How ever, after I did that, I descided to give the torso back its original brightness, which was a mistake, because now it's clearly not bright enough, the second screenshot is a brightened version though, on which you can see the texture a little bit better.

Since I don't have a backup of the brighter version, and brightening the pictures seems to lead to a loss of quality, I have to restart with the clothes anyway. So basicly, I want to know wether I should leave out the cape or not, and what I can do with the clothes.

screenshotbq9.jpg

Inyri Forge VIP Member

[Insert User Title Here]

55 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

25,940 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Firstly, his mouth can't really be that far down, could it? Looks incredibly silly.

Merscil_KingArthur

50 XP

4th November 2005

0 Uploads

199 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

I think I'm smart enough to skin the mouth of a model with an animated face on the right place. The mouth of Hapslash Dooku model was on that spot. It would be really silly to place it higher and then have his chin talking instead of his mouth :rolleyes::p.

mouthopenuy2.jpg

Merscil_KingArthur

50 XP

4th November 2005

0 Uploads

199 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

Still no suggestions? :p