I have started modding recently and got the general concept of how to map,skin and make animations with dragon and now need some help that i could not find tutorials for.
1) Can and how can i make a light fade in brightness then back to light over and over (light to a bit darker to light ect)
2) adding to the fading light can i make it change color, if I can't make it fade then change color changing color would be fine alone.
Animating in Dragon:
1) How do i turn the floor on?
2) can I add my own animations to a already merged custom animation gla with the humanoid one? (a animation got merged with humanoid and i want to add some more to it)
Thank you for reading.
I can't help with how to turn the floor on, but if you download version 8, I think, it has the floor on already. For #2 you can merge your animations with previously merged animations and the _humanoid.gla. All you need to do is make sure to update the number of frames as you continue to add animations. The default number of frames is 21735, so everytime you add animations just keep adding frames to make that number larger. Example: 21735 + 1(new stance) + 26 (new run) = 21762 Now if you add a stance (1 frame) you simply add 1 frame to the previous number: 21762 + 1 = 21763
In response to your mapping questions:
The first is possible, but the second isn't possible as far as I know. *expects Boba to chase him around with a bat for lying without knowing it*
For the first one:
This is called a styled light. Select your light entity, and check out the info in the entity window. There should be a 'style' key listen in there, and also 'style_off". I just looked up the style numbers, and I think 11 is what you're looking for, but don't take my word on it. It's best to look up this stuff and see what all your options are.
P.S. If you don't see the info area in the entity window, then you need to drag it down. You'll see three or four dots under your entity list (where it says light, info_player_deathmatch, func_group, etc). Drag that down and you'll see the info I'm referring to.
Thank you both. I've got some more questions.
1) what is the frame name of meduim stance?(yellow)
1) Are shaders for custom tetures apply'd the same as applying them to a skin?
2) Are the little platforms the weapon's float on that the blue glow comes off of, come automatically with the weapon entity in gtk?
1: Yes. As Lassev put it, a shader is simply a scripted texture. Just apply it as if it's a normal texture. When you get in-game, you'll see the shader at work.
2. Yes. Just add a weapon entity, compile and test it in-game. If you don't like it, there is a way to get rid of it, but it will affect all weapons at once.
TritonUnit;4708572 Animating: 1) what is the frame name of meduim stance?(yellow)
The name of the medium stance is BOTH_STAND2