Possible? -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

Hey ONCE again,

I was just wondering if you can place 'armed' weapons on my map (when it's still being made).

Example: I place the armed weapons and I play my map. I walk into, say trip lasers, and they blow/kill me/up.

Is this possible? if it is, can someone please walk me through it. :cya:

Thanks,

Jebus :)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 11 years ago

Weapons you can pick up or what? I'm sorry, I don't get what Ya' mean.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

I don't blame you. Weapons that you CANT pick up but are armed already. You know how you trip mines and someone walks across their sensors and the mines blow? I want it like that without having to pick up the weapon and arm it.

Ryo Thorn

Sexeh like teh gizmo

50 XP

27th September 2006

0 Uploads

590 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

It IS possible, but I don't know how. I do however remember seeing a map with trip mines in place like that.. though it might have just been a work around with the detpack model in place, and some sort of a trigger that'd cause the explosion effect, destroy the object and damage you. I can't say for sure which it was or how to do atleast the first, I could probably figure out the way I explained it.. but I'll leave it at that for now.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 11 years ago

Need to find out how. Because I'm 100% positive I can make this map thats in my head.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 11 years ago

Is it Emplaced_Tripmine? I have not been on radiant today so I don't know.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 11 years ago

Thats sounds like it.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 11 years ago

Just rechecked, it was not. Well, I would do it like this, get a TripMine model and place it on a wall (if you don't know how gimme a shout) and then make a EFX going through it. ( I can help with all that.)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 11 years ago

Lol, no idea what you said :P

Sorry, but you'll have to walk me through it. BTW, thanks for all your help.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 11 years ago

well, first get a TripMine Model. Go into Radiant and go Misc_Model. Then there should be some folders with such names as weapons2 and map_objects. Go into Weapons2 and select the tripmine weapon. ( I could not find it but my JA has always been Buggy.) Now you should see a TripMine in the 3D vieiw. Thats the model done, I gotta go too the loo now so I will be back for the EFX.