JA: v22.214.171.124 win-x86 Oct 24 2003 Initialising zone memory ..... ----- FS_Startup ----- ERROR: filename length > MAX_QPATH ( strlen(music/Music - Richard Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries (Die Walkuren).txt) = 71) ...What? Forceboat, thank you for the download. But, I simply don't know what's going on here! What's a MAX_QPATH anyways? What does this song have to do with Star Wars..?
It means the number of characters in the filepath (programfiles/blablabla/folder1/file2/thing3) is too great for the engine to handle. I don't know WHY it has a limit on filepath length, but it does. I'd recommend either renaming that .txt file to something much shorter or delete it all together.
I'd delete it. All you need for the mp3 to work is the mp3 itself.
Keep your filepaths under 64 characters. Filepath basically means every character in the folder name and filename, including any slashes and file extensions.
I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.
Where is this filepath at? I found it by the console that pops up. Thanks for the speedy reply, btw.
Ah well, you'll just have to look through all the .pk3 files you've recently downloaded. Open them in Pakscape or WinRar/Zip, and go into the music folder. Then see if you can find this .txt file. When you do, simply delete it and click save.
General Jaxun;4952456...Forceboat, thank you for the download...
"The download"? If this problem started after downloading that (whatever it is), that's probably what's causing all the fuss. So I'd start off with that if I were you.
I don't know, lol, he was asking for Ride Of The Valkyries and I found a download of it at Rapidshare. As long as it wasn't carrying any virus, it should be fine. I don't know why whatever he's doing is asking for it either, but I'm just glad to be of help regardless. Does make for an interesting twist on JA though, lol. I remember that piece being in the Star Wars spoof Hardware Wars of all things. :lol:
also try removing tags from the sound file, if in winamp for eg, alt 3 , and uncheck tabs for id tags etc, some songs i found will not work in jka with this information intact
Omegasigma;4952608also try removing tags from the sound file, if in winamp for eg, alt 3 , and uncheck tabs for id tags etc, some songs i found will not work in jka with this information intact
Huh.. interesting. You may have just solved my problem. Thanks!
Yes! I just found it! Thanks guys!
For further (and useless) information, MAX_QPATH is a define in the code that will limit the engine's ability to load a file if it's above 64 characters. That strlen keyword you saw there is just the C language's function for checking the amount of characters in a given string (In this case, checking how many characters in "music/Music - Richard Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries (Die Walkuren).txt" - which is 71 characters long)
To keep it simple, as Kouen said; Keep your filepaths under 64 characters.
* Raz0r disappears