SentryFodder

Siege/Asteroids mod fan.

50 XP

31st October 2003

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Righto, so I'm working on this map, right? And I got to the part where I need to spawn a YT-1300, right? And it, like, totally doesn't work?

Trying to spawn it in the console with "npc spawn vehicle yt-1300" first gives me the model-loading lag it should. THEN it gives me the error "ERROR: couldn't spawn npc yt-1300" and doesn't actually spawn the thing.

Trying to spawn it as an entity in a map gives me the same error on map startup, and doesn't spawn it. This method also manages to break all the other ships on the map, changing their projectile models to random things. (The tie fighters fire exploding shuttles and the lambda shuttle lays down exploding shuttle mines.)

I am, needless to say, vexed. All of this happends in the asteroids mod, with yt-1300.pk3 definitely reachable. (It even starts to load the model for Gods' sakes!) My best guess at the moment is some kind of bug in the engine - I heard about the YT-1300 being bugged, although the asteroids mod was supposed to have fixed it.

Any help would be appreciated. Help me get past this, and maybe we'll see a playable FFA/asteroids map in a week :)

Vince

dun wury, i has 2 FL0PY DISkZ!

50 XP

20th November 2005

0 Uploads

1,360 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Meh, youve got me on this one. Maybe someone clever can tel lye. :P

Omegasigma

Mapper and concept artist

50 XP

16th March 2006

0 Uploads

1,484 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

any possibilty of a conflict?

SentryFodder

Siege/Asteroids mod fan.

50 XP

31st October 2003

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Of what with what?

The only PK3s in my asteroids folder are asteroids.pk3 and veh_dlls.pk3, everything else's been moved to base. (I've tried it both ways.) I'll look into that train of thought though.

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,650 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Everything in your base folder loads, whether you've got another mod active or not. That's why it's called the "base" folder.

So, a conflict may still be possible.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

manquesa

Vehicle Maker off an on

50 XP

12th September 2002

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

It's been a while, but try putting the vehicles needed for the asteroids mod in the asteroids folder. I'm not sure what method we ended up using, but during development we went back and forth between needing to keep those files in the asteroids folder or the base folder. I forget the reasons, i'm not the programmer , that was somebody else, but I think I remember that being the case, it was so long ago. Double check the readme file though to be sure, it should say where all the files need to be.

It does sound like possible file conflicts though, although that "The tie fighters fire exploding shuttles" thing sounds super weird. And I think the lamba shuttle is supposed to lay down mines. Try removing all the files from your base folder other than what you need and the asteroids files, see if everythings works okay. If it does, then put all the other files back one by one until you find the one that's conflicting. (A major PITA I know, but it's' a solution if it is a file conflict).

SentryFodder

Siege/Asteroids mod fan.

50 XP

31st October 2003

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Manquesa, you're my hero :) What's working atm is vehicles in the base folder... I'm gonna pray that it keeps working long enough for me to get something done. Thanks a ton :)