ƒul*£ruM

I'm too Post to cool.

50 XP

24th November 2006

0 Uploads

449 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

What program do I use to modify _humanoid.gla?

Manganiac

I like Pikachu

50 XP

16th September 2005

0 Uploads

424 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

to "modify" well... I don't think there's one >.< what everybody who deals with animations do is only, reasign movements on the animation.cfg file, (gla files contain only the skeleton used and a bunch of frames all stacked together, animation.cfg is the one who tells where each animation starts and stops). A smaller group of people wish to make new animation, to add new animations/frames to the _humanoid.gla, either through "Dragon the ghoul2 animation tool" (name's something like that), or by a bigger software , both will need gla Merge (wich literaly does just that, so you need another gla file with same skeleton). while on Dragon you can create your own animation rigth away, it's really not a practical software... (sorry fans out there). most practical way out there, is getting a rigged skeleton file either from 3dsmax (untill max 5.0) or XSI mod tools (any version), (not weighted, rigged, there's a diference), compiling it into a model with new animations (generating a new gla file), and merge your new animations into the _humanoid.gla thought glamerge (info by Eclypse ;) ), (don't really know what's the process behind Dragon, since it's fairly easy on Mod Tools there was no need to try Dragon (wich didn't ease a bit). got the links to dragon from Thor the Bassis on LucasForums, I don't think I can post his mini-tutorial, cuz its on another forum, so straight to Dragon (you may have to search to get glamerge): http://mt-wudan.com/dragon/Dragon_0.8.5_beta.zip //mt-wudan.com/dragon/Dragon_0.8.9_beta.zip

ƒul*£ruM

I'm too Post to cool.

50 XP

24th November 2006

0 Uploads

449 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

I just wanted to change the roll animation to a more simplistic one. Something fresh out of the ground.

EDIT: I installed Dragon, but when I did Open With....Dragon on _humanoid.gla, the program's screen was blank. Help?

FireStormz

50 XP

22nd December 2006

0 Uploads

1,044 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

i think you press T and a guy appears in the middle

Inyri Forge VIP Member

[Insert User Title Here]

55 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

25,940 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

I'd recommend you actually read the documentation for Dragon before you try using it.

ƒul*£ruM

I'm too Post to cool.

50 XP

24th November 2006

0 Uploads

449 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

It did not come with the dl

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 11 years ago

It is on Wudans site.

Mt-Wudan.com I think, or it may be .net.

ƒul*£ruM

I'm too Post to cool.

50 XP

24th November 2006

0 Uploads

449 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

thanks, but its a bit vague. Oh well.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 11 years ago

It is, and it can be hard to read sometimes. But, for now, I think it is the only tutorial available.

I tried following it, and I failed. I got the animation ingame, but it didn't do exactly what it was supposed to do. :p