JasonJAD13

Fire Is My Friend

50 XP

27th April 2008

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

Could somebody please post a link to an EASIER tutorial to change a charactor from MP to SP. And please DO NOT make it the one at jediknight3.filefront.com.

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,650 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#2 10 years ago

What makes you think there is an easier way?

There's only one method for making additional species entries, and the tutorial on site is about as plain English as it's going to get; certainly as plain English as I've ever seen it, and any other tutorials will just tell you to do the exact same things anyway.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

JasonJAD13

Fire Is My Friend

50 XP

27th April 2008

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

Well, the one I was referring to: no matter what I do, it won't work. I have the 4 armed general grievous model/skin, whatever it is, and I'd like to get it to work in singleplayer, but if that's too much to ask, then NEVER MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,650 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#4 10 years ago

Sheesh, nice attitude. :rolleyes:

It's not too much to ask to get something to work, not at all. However, finding another tutorial isn't going to help you, because they'll just tell you to do what you've already done. As I said, there's only one method for getting models on the species selection menu.

Instead, look at anything that may be affecting your modified menus.str file not functioning. We call this process "debugging". Nothing works perfectly the first time without a little debugging.

- Do you have another mod that uses a menu.str file? Only one copy of the file will be loaded by the game.

- Does the pk3 file containing your modified menu.str come after the assets files, alphabetically? In instances where there are multiple copies of the same file in your base folder, the game will choose to load the copy that comes last, in alphabetical order.

- Are you certain that all the features used to create the four-armed Grievous illusion are fully supported by the SP component of the engine? The MP and SP games are built on different code modules, as a way of keeping system requirements down and having different features in both without affecting the other, so what works in one may not necessarily work for the other, and vice versa.

JasonJAD13

Fire Is My Friend

50 XP

27th April 2008

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

Hmm... I didn't think about that. Feel free to slap me. Anywho, there is not another copy of MENUS.str in my base folder. The only folders and other stuff in there are: Assets 1, 2, and 3, Saber_Selection_SP, jampconfig, cgamex86.dll, Grievous4_MLZ, jaconfig, uix86.dll and jampgamex86.dll. P.S: Sorry about the attitude, I'm just so frustrated.

JasonJAD13

Fire Is My Friend

50 XP

27th April 2008

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

Please help me.

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,650 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#7 10 years ago

Right now I've got a 26-file backlog to which I should give priority.

I'll take look at it when I get a chance, but bumping isn't going to help. The thread is marked unread for everyone until they read it, and if they don't know the answer on the first read, they probably won't know it the second time around either.

[self-pity] *sigh* Between tech troubles, job hunting and network stuff, I just don't get any free time any more.... This is so not fair. :vikki: [/self-pity]

~ibonek~

Frickin chicken, ya know?

50 XP

2nd September 2006

0 Uploads

507 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago

I can help you if you have any kind of IM that we could talk on.

Chaos En3

Hyourinmaru!!!!

50 XP

2nd July 2006

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#9 10 years ago

Do you have pakscape? I think you need that if I'm correct idk <_>

~ibonek~

Frickin chicken, ya know?

50 XP

2nd September 2006

0 Uploads

507 Posts

0 Threads

#10 10 years ago

Well I just did it with the 4 armed Grievous and it worked for me. Although my way is a little different than the way that tutorial on jk3files says. That way has a some non-important steps that dont need to be done.