I haven't tried modeling in 5 years, so I'm a newb again. I'm following the JA Lightsaber tutorial for GMAx and I've run into somewhat of a stupid dilema. They're showing a view from an angle in the perspective view pane andI cannot figure out how to get the camera to rotate.. I have to rotate it sideways for the tutorial.. This is prolly somethin stupid that I missed, but can anyone help?
These are the camera controls.
The screenshot is taken from 3DS Max, but Gmax uses the same interface.
You can find them in the bottom-right corner of the window.
Anyway, here's what the buttons do:
1) Ignore this, it's not a camera control icon. I just caught it with the marquee when splitting these buttons from the screenshot because I wasn't paying attention.
2) This is the field of view tool. In English: it lets you zoom in and out.
3) This one moves the camera up, down, left and right.
4) This one is arc rotate. It let's you rotate the scene (obviously). - To rotate the scene clockwise and counter-clockwise, move the mouse cursor outside of the yellow circle, hold the left mouse button, and move the mouse. - To rotate the scene horizontally or vertically (or both if you like), place the mouse cursor inside the yellow circle, hold the left mouse button, and move the mouse in the desired direction.
5) This button is called maximize viewport toggle. Clicking it will set the currently active viewport to take up the whole screen, so that instead of four, you have one. Click it again to reverse this action.
These controls will work for all four viewports, but only on the active viewport (that makes sense).
I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.
Thank you so much.. Kept usin the arch rotate, but it just did barrel rolls which wasn't very helpful... Thanks again, -Atrusino