Hey there, this is yet another question and plea for help.
Lately, I've gotten back to mapping a map for my clan and I seem to have completely forgotten how to make teleports, which is embarrassing as I once produced a map for this same clan with over 30...
I've searched online for help, but sadly, what I found has not worked. I found one in particular which was pretty straightforward, make 2 brushes with trigger, make one func_teleport, the other target_Position, select the two, press control K and bam you have it. I did that, but it did not work for me, I went ingame to test it, I ran through the teleport and i got stuck, it said in the console that it could not find the target_teleporter.
Anyone know how I can do this properly? I wanna get this annoying thing done already so I can get back to the interesting one :P
(This map has caused many rage roars in the past)
Never bothered with teleporters yet myself, I'll work it out and get back to you in a min.
Just did a test map. Here's how it works:
- Create a trigger_multiple (textured with trigger) at the entrance of the teleporter.
- Give it a 'target' (select it, press N, at 'key' type 'target', at 'value' type any word (eg 'teleporter') and press enter)
- Create a target_teleporter anywhere
- Give it a 'targetname' with the same value as the target of the trigger (eg 'teleporter')
- Give it a different 'target' (eg 'destination')
- Create a target_position at the destination of the teleporter
- Give it a 'targetname' with the same value as the target of the target_teleporter (eg 'destination')
Thanks, but thing is, I don't see "target_teleporter" anywhere
Ah. What version of Radiant you using? I'm guessing 1.5. If so, you need to get a proper editor like 1.3.12
Yeah I'm using 1.5, but last time I made teleports I used 1.5 also and there were no problems.
you may be able to use a trigger_teleporter (might be trigger_teleport) and have that directly target the target_postition. However when i tried that it seemed to randomly choose weather to tele me to the target_position or to a nearby spawn point each time i hit the trigger....
Kalek_Dakar;5369011Thanks, but thing is, I don't see "target_teleporter" anywhere
There's actually three teleporter ents.
misc_teleporter_dest trigger_teleport target_teleporter
If you can't see them in Radiant, use the Entity Window and change the classname to any of the above.
1) Make a brush. Use the system/trigger texture all over it. 2) With the brush still selected, right-click and choose trigger>>trigger_teleport 3) Create a target_position somewhere. 4) Select the trigger brush, then the target position, then press Ctrl+K Simple teleport. Not toggle-able, though. Not sure how to do that... :( (This works in 1.5 for me)
Jonny2199;53691351) Make a brush. Use the system/trigger texture all over it. 2) With the brush still selected, right-click and choose trigger>>trigger_teleport 3) Create a target_position somewhere. 4) Select the trigger brush, then the target position, then press Ctrl+K Simple teleport. Not toggle-able, though. Not sure how to do that... :( (This works in 1.5 for me)
To make a toggle-able one:
1) Make a brush with system/trigger on it 2) Convert the brush to trigger_multiple. 3) Select it, press N, set the USE_BUTTON flag. Repeat steps 1-3 again, except set the INACTIVE flag on one. 4) Place three target_activates and three target_deactivates. 5) Place a trigger_teleport. 6) Place a target_position
You'll need to link it so it looks like this: (By link, I mean CTRL+K)