yodaman123

The faceless....

50 XP

6th April 2007

0 Uploads

1,454 Posts

0 Threads

#1191 11 years ago

LA silver you say uvw mapping is important where I wanted to ''experiment'' with your Venom and I couldnt get the map at all.

Eclypse

Anti-Piracy

50 XP

7th October 2006

0 Uploads

1,310 Posts

0 Threads

#1192 11 years ago
'[LA-Silver;3898200']GATOR sure is impressive.. Never the less, uvwmapping is important, you should try to learn it (Not nessecarily with venom..) but for now it's okay to use gator =).

Aw come on now, I think I'm getting it down. Here's my new map of Turk Vincent's hair. tvincenthairts2.th.jpg I've already retextured it based on those maps, I just have yet to apply it. And yes, GATOR, along with XSI Mod Tool, really is where its at, complete with 2 turntables and a microphone! :) And it is far easier than trying to get the model to match the existing maps without creating a new model.

Inyri Forge VIP Member

[Insert User Title Here]

55 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

25,940 Posts

0 Threads

#1193 11 years ago

Why are there so many overlapping segments in the hair? :/

Eclypse

Anti-Piracy

50 XP

7th October 2006

0 Uploads

1,310 Posts

0 Threads

#1194 11 years ago
Inyri Forge;3898745Why are there so many overlapping segments in the hair? :/

1. I got lazy 2. because there are a couple of parts that I want to have the same attributes, and didn't seem to need to have their own space on the map.

SESSH

The n00b-o-rama

50 XP

27th January 2007

0 Uploads

288 Posts

0 Threads

#1195 11 years ago

I hate to bump this thread, but I need to ask a question. I somehow in my ultra noobyness of this freaking project, have lost the blank maps to the big venom model. Does anyone else have the maps for it that could send them to me? Just hoping I don't have to just say fuck it, and not fix what I broke with my skin.....lol.

yodaman123

The faceless....

50 XP

6th April 2007

0 Uploads

1,454 Posts

0 Threads

#1196 11 years ago

Yeah if Eclypse can find them can you send them to me? I might make a skin I just got some ispiration from a friend of mine at school.

Eclypse

Anti-Piracy

50 XP

7th October 2006

0 Uploads

1,310 Posts

0 Threads

#1197 11 years ago

Just paint over the textures from the model, guys. Or if you want to get really fancy, you can open up the texture in Photoshop or GIMP, open up a new file with the same dimensions, and cut and paste the texture over the blank one. Once you do that, you can open up your layers toolbar, and set the opacity of the old texture to like 30%, select the blank file and paint over where the faded texture is. Its a lot more complicated that way, but it can be done. :) Glad to hear you guys are still inspired. BTW, SESSH, I'll send you the XSI file for the big Venom model soon...just got caught up in a couple things and got a little busy. So I apologize for the inconvenience.

yodaman123

The faceless....

50 XP

6th April 2007

0 Uploads

1,454 Posts

0 Threads

#1198 11 years ago

Well could I just rerelease a sound fix version. No skins will be changed just some simple sounds changes with Lightsources taunts and my Carnage+Spidercarnage sounds.