Ok I've been working to improve the skin on the Kain model. It is a difficult model to skin and I know it's impossible to make it look perfect, but my aim is just to improve it. It's still an early WIP and far from release because I still have to ask permission to the original author of the model so before that there won't be any release because it would be illegal :). Any critics and comments are welcome. Is it worth continuing the project?
The skin certainly looks a lot better now, particularly the face. Which kinda reminds me of a tree trunk.:p I'd suggest you make some parts a little more detailed, such as the actual skin and the hair. Right now they're a little blurry. But, good job!
He does look like a tree-trunk, but it's much better than the original.
It's a shame that the model wasn't done better, the face has always looked to wierd to me.
But on the reskin it looks more like Kain now as opposed to Kain in a green light. Nice work, but as before - more detail is needed if you wan tthe skin to be úbery.
The skin is still far from finished, but it won't look perfect. And he's gonna look a bit blurry on some places because of some weird stretchings in the texture maps. But, I'll try to get it as good as I can :p I just hope I can make the arms look more... realistic, because right now they look awfull in my opinion. But I've got no idea how I'm going to do the muscle.
Updated mouth, nose, eyes, chin... Looks like an easy update but it took me like four hours to do that with the mouth because of the horrible UV maps.... But I like the result of it. Looks more like Kain now. He kind of has the sarcasm on his face he also has ingame now
small but important update on the shoulders. He now no longer looks like a playmobile character :p
I gotta say it looks great!!
Something I found really disturbing about the original model was the shape of the hair... It seemed so off... Well, I figured (since only 1 texture was used for both sides of the hair) I could just aswell make the hair look more accurate to the game by using a tga file. So this is the result: The skinning of the hair isn't done yet but that's work for later.