So i have downloaded the dragon tool try to make some animations, but it doesn't really work and i tried the dragon tool user guide already so here are some questions i have.
How can i bring up the console ?
How can i move the bones and model itself ?
And how can i make one animation which replaces another and put them into play ?
I don't spend enough time here
17th October 2010
1) Console is: ` the (~) button below Esc.
2) You click on the bone from the right tree menu, or on the bone itself, then use the green, white, and blue buttons at the bottom. Click and drag to move.
3) To make an animation, make sure your first frame is just the ROOT, don't change anything, then do the command: fnext OR finsa making a frame. Edit that however you want. Do the command again for a new frame. Once done with the animation, use the command: save myanim then the command: savegla myanim.
4) Make a batch file and have this text put in there:
5) Run the batch file, remember the output file will OVERWRITE any filename you enter in the prompt without warning.
6) Depending on your animation and how many frames, change the targetframe in animation.cfg with your anim's targetframe. (targetframe = ROOT's frame + frames in your animation)
Hm i still can't move it and the console doesn't show up
BilboBaggypants;54107711) Console is: ` the (~) button below Esc.
Assuming we're talking about the game console, it's Shift + Tilde key, not just the Tilde key.
i know it doesn't work, i have a european keyboard so it's probably a another key, and still somehow i can't move the model, like down and the bones etc
That's weird. I have European keyboard too and the Tilde key works fine for me. Are you sure you're doing it right? Don't press both keys at the same time. Press and hold Shift first and then press Tilde. That's how I do it and it works like a charm.
Nope still doesn't show up, last time i used it ti said something from putting a number or kind off into one of the cfg files
Go to your Base folder, find jaconfig.cfg and jampconfig.cfg files, open them with some text editor, like Notepad, scroll down a bit and look for these lines:
bind ` "toggleconsole" bind ~ "toggleconsole"
That's what is says in my config files and the console works fine for me. What does it say for you?
It says bind ~ "toggleconsole but still it doesn't show up
Just one line? And it's missing the quote mark? Or did you neglect to post it? No two lines like for me? Odd.
Backup your config files and copy/paste the missing line into them. Make sure you get the quote marks too and put it above the line you already have. Save changes and see if that helped. If something goes wrong and the game screws up, use the backups or simply delete the existing config files and let the game create new ones.
On second thought, do that anyway. Move your config files out of the Base folder, start the game so it creates new config files and see if the console decides to respond. If not, just delete the new config files and put the old ones back.
Since you have European keyboard, maybe switching the keyboard input language to English would help, if it's set to some other language.