Amidala

Don't whine, respawn!

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

505 Posts

0 Threads

#12 13 years ago

You can use "My Network Places" (a standard feature of Windows). Use the "Add Network Place" wizard and use ftp for the address (ftp://YourServerIPaddress). You will need the user name and password that the server hosting company gave you. Then you can edit the config files on your computer then drag and drop the edited file(s) to the server's base folder or whatever.

SiLink

(JAWA) Leader

50 XP

13th February 2005

0 Uploads

1,663 Posts

0 Threads

#13 13 years ago

smartftp.

^ArÐoÑ

Im here to help and study

50 XP

19th January 2005

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#14 13 years ago

Amidala I followed your steps, but it stays asking for the pass when I enter the folder.

SiLink

(JAWA) Leader

50 XP

13th February 2005

0 Uploads

1,663 Posts

0 Threads

#15 13 years ago

Make sure your password and username is correct, otherwise contact your server provider with the email i posted above.

Amidala

Don't whine, respawn!

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

505 Posts

0 Threads

#16 13 years ago
^ArÐoÑAmidala I followed your steps, but it stays asking for the pass when I enter the folder.

You have to have the user name and password assigned by your server host. They usually send them to you in an email when you order your server.

Step 1. Double-click Add Network Place

Step 2. Type the location of the network place ftp://yourServerIPaddress, click Next

Step 3. Uncheck the Log in Anonymously box, enter the User Name that your server hosting company provided, click Next

Step 4. Enter a Name for the shortcut. You can call it "My JA server" or leave it as the ftp address or whatever. Click Finish.

It will then connect to the server and give you a "Login As" dialog box. Enter the password that your server host gave you in the email they sent you, check the Save Password box, then click Login.

You should then see the folders on your remote hosted server. You can't edit files directly, but you can copy files to your desktop, edit them, then drag them back to the server.