Botdra Lar'les

Master FUFer

50 XP

27th May 2007

0 Uploads

2,069 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

I just re-installed JK3 and when it got to %46 it asked for disk 2 that contains the file "assets2.pk3". I put in the disk and it says it can't find it, please insert it. Can someone help me with this one? I tried cleaning the disk, nothing. My computer just won't recognize the disk. In, or outside the installation.

Darth Dumbo

The Trunked lord of the Sith

50 XP

26th February 2007

0 Uploads

146 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

Is your computer recognizing other disks, or just that one?

Speer

GF's Cheerios Expert

50 XP

16th January 2008

0 Uploads

2,082 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

I'm not a genius, I have trouble understanding 50% that goes on at this site. But maybe the disk is scratched up to bad or, like mine, the CD drive is messed up. Either way it presents a problem. If you have a different computer try it on that, and if that doesn't work then you know that it is the disk. A real help I am. :nodding::uhoh::sleep:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 10 years ago

I don`t think there is a problem with the CD / DVD drive because the first disc works fine. I agree that the second disc could be damaged. If you have two CD / DVD drives on your computer , try using both of them before looking for another computer. I don`t know what else to suggest you. Sorry.

Master Ridley

Supreme Commander Space Pirate

50 XP

23rd April 2004

0 Uploads

1,006 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

Was your 2nd CD near any magnets by any chance. Magnets can severely damage CDs to the point of no return.

Speer

GF's Cheerios Expert

50 XP

16th January 2008

0 Uploads

2,082 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

A neighbor hung on our cd drive when it was open, and now to open it, you must literally pull it out. Then as soon as the cd is in it pulls itself back in. Half the time it reads cd's, half the time it doesn't. Then when you are in the middle of something it just ejects. That is why I got a new computer. Also I agree with Master Ridley. You could try reinstalling it again and again. That's what I do to games when they don't install. eventually it works. Last time I tried that with supreme commander I was there seven hours. And last of all try waiting thirty or so seconds before clicking on the "ok" button when it says enter disk two. A real help I am:nodding::nodding:;)

Darth Dumbo

The Trunked lord of the Sith

50 XP

26th February 2007

0 Uploads

146 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

I have had that happen, but it was SWBF2(bad game, but nostalgic for me) and it was the first disk, so the installer wouldn't start. Basically, keep trying and it should work eventually.

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,590 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,730 Posts

2 Threads

#8 10 years ago

...you bought a new computer because your CD drive was knackered?

:wiener:

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

Botdra Lar'les

Master FUFer

50 XP

27th May 2007

0 Uploads

2,069 Posts

0 Threads

#9 10 years ago

Fixed it. I have a 3rd drive that is just used for burning but it works like a regular drive as well, it's seperate from the PC and just plugs into the CPU. It seems to work fine now and the installation went great. And I can now play it fully, thanks for all the help though guys!

Speer

GF's Cheerios Expert

50 XP

16th January 2008

0 Uploads

2,082 Posts

0 Threads

#10 10 years ago

Kouen;4171733...you bought a new computer because your CD drive was knackered?

:wiener:

Well, yes, that and It was kinda out of date. :lookaround: