Maps.... -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 9 years ago

Alright heres the deal, I've played jedi knight: jedi academy forever. But after awhile I would like to use newer maps. The problem is that I cant get them to work. People tell me to download it and put the file in my base folder. So I do... D:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base But everytime I go into the server that has the map jedicouncilgcx (the one im trying to get to work) I get same error, cant load map jedicouncil gcx etc. etc. No matter what I do I cant get these maps to work.:mad: Could some please help me by giving me step by step intrsuctions? Thanks

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 9 years ago

Can you play your custom maps offline in solo mode against bots? Do you have that problem with any other map or just the Jedi Council GCX?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 9 years ago

Im trying to play it online and im not trying it against bots. Jedicouncil gcx is is not only one that dosnt work...cause they all dont work. :mad:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 9 years ago

Can you see the your custom maps on the map selection menu? Test them offline against bots if you can.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 9 years ago

It dosnt even come up when I try to play against bots... I have it download in my base folder but its not coming up.

vendettaz7

I like cookies.

50 XP

9th May 2008

0 Uploads

65 Posts

0 Threads

#6 9 years ago

When you download a map file, do you just put it in your base, or do you unzip it first?

xode

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

16th August 2008

0 Uploads

136 Posts

0 Threads

#7 9 years ago

Vendetta's solution seems to be right. You need to put the .pk3 in the base folder, not the .rar or .zip.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 9 years ago

which one there are several in base there are: assest0.pk3 assest1.pk3 assest2.pk3 and assest3.pk3 >.>

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 9 years ago

Assets files came with the game. When you download a file (skin, model, map or anything else), it comes packed in a .zip or .rar archive. You can use WinZip, WinRAR, 7-Zip or some other archiver to open those files and extract their content. Simply extract the .pk3 files from their archives and put them to your Base folder. That should do the trick.