mak14

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th April 2008

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

:confused:I'm new. I need to know all about downoads and how to open them.

leonkennedy4011

the-pink-herb-side

50 XP

18th October 2007

0 Uploads

114 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

depends on what your downloading if its a pk3 for a mod you dont need to open it you just put it in your gamedata/base folder if its a zip you use a program called winrar to open it

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 10 years ago

Downloading is easy. Find what you want to download (skin , model , map , mod , etc.) , look for a "Download Now" button and click on it. You will be given 3 options; "Open" , "Save" and "Cancel". Click "Save" button , choose the location (folder) on your Hard Drive where you want to store your downloaded item and that`s it for the download itself. Once the download process is completed , go to the location (folder) where your downloaded item is stored. You will notice it is packed in the .zip archive. To use it , you must first extract (unpack) it. For this task you need a program capable of managing .zip archives , like WinZip or WinRAR. When you extract all packed files (usually it`s just certain .pk3 and a Readme file) , place the .pk3 file in your "Base" folder (usually the path is C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/GameData/Base) and that`s it. Run the game and your newly installed add-on should appear in the appropriate place , depending is it a skin , model or map. Note that models can be used in Singleplayer and Multiplayer. Skins are for Multiplayer only. Larger mods (like Japlus , ClanMod , etc.) require you to install them in your "GameData" folder. Just read the "Readme" file that comes with the mod. You will find installation instructions there. Well , I hope I cleared some things out for you. If you have more questions , just ask.

mak14

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th April 2008

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

new problem: when I try to extract files into the base folder, it says that it´s unable to. Why?:(:confused::(:confused:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 10 years ago

Make sure you`re extracting files to "Base" folder on your hard drive , not on game`s CD. Also , try extracting those files to some other folder (create new folder somwhere; desktop for example) and then move them manually to your "Base" folder. That should do the trick.

mak14

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th April 2008

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

:confused:where´s the base folder on my hardrive?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 10 years ago

As long as you didn't change it while you were installing the game, it should be in C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base.

mak14

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th April 2008

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago

:rock:I found it. Thanks for your help!:):bows::bows::nodding::):Pc::saber::-D:thatsgreat: