1) I'm gonna be editing a module, and when I extract the file (301NAR) it says there is a map supported for it, but I want to know where it is.
2) How do I make a custom .utc? I need to do that.
2.5) How do I place the custom NPC into a module?
3) I want to make a custom weapon, and place it in a module.
4) I want to make a new module, and I need to know:
4.1) How to design it 4.2) How to set a trigger to send you to that module 4.3) How to set NPC's in that module.
1 ERFs-->Texture Packs-->Gui-->L-->You should be able to find it now. :p
2 Just find any other .utc, extract it, and edit it with K-GFF (or you can edit parts of it with KT before extracting it...KT doesn't work on everything, though).
2.5 Edit the module's .git with K-GFF.
3 Just a new .uti, or a new model as well? If it's just a new .uti, extract a similar one, and edit it. Then extract a placeable, edit it with K-GFF to put the weapon in it, and then put the placeable in the module (again, editing the module's .git with K-GFF).
4.1 Eh...check Holowan Labs for a tutorial. I couldn't explain it all in just one post. :D
4.3 Again, edit the module's .git.
And you'll need lots of practice and lots of patience. :lookaround:
1) Interesting concept =p
2) Lets say I want to make a Twilek named Trigger.. How would I make the twilek? Extract what?
4) Ah, wording gets me again. Carter, go to Fliefront (KOTOR) and search for the Slums of Telos mod. I want to do that :):deal: (Something similar I mean =p)
1. Wha? :lookaround: 2. Just find any other .utc. For example, BIFs-->Templates-->Blueprint, Character-->Pick a card, any card. :p Double-click and edit to your liking, then save it and edit it further with K-GFF if KT is being annoying (can't give the NPC a custom item, for instance; have to do that with K-GFF). 4. Here are a few tutorials:
Oh, and one for setting up triggers: How to set triggers - LucasForums
Alright, I'm having trouble figuring out what .utp is where, so I want to know where one of each is: One on practically every planet, as I want to place 1 of a custom item in a certain place.
I'm not sure I follow...you want to place a custom item in a custom NPC's inventory? You'd have to add the NPC to a module on each planet, either with scripting or by editing the module's .git with K-GFF.
I mean a .utp, a placeable
Oh, .utP. My bad... Umm...easier to make your own than find one you can edit. Go to BIFs-->Templates-->Blueprint, Placeables, then find the type you want, double-click, and edit it. Then edit the module's .git to add the placeable (use Whereami code/band to get coordinates).
Ahh, ok. I'll post if I have more problems on that Although I want something new now: I made a new mod which gives most Jedi a lightsaber, and since Files on Filefront have been stopped until the 27th, no one'll see it until then (Hopefully). I want to find a script that'll give a jedi their lightsaber when I want it (ie. Atton after the Exile is rescued from GOTO's yacht).
:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh: Sorry for Double post.
Anyways, I found the .utp I want (plc_backpack.utp) and I edited it to how I want it. What do I do next?