Help! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 8 years ago

I just got KOTOR II and I had it years ago, but then it started getting the Feature Transfer Error so we threw it away. That was months ago. Today we bought a new one and it works fine until it gets to the part with T3 opening up on the bridge of the ship, and then it says "KOTOR II has a experienced a problem and must close," the same dialog box as the one that says "You have chosen a nonresponsive program." Help! What am I doing wrong? We seem to meet all the requirements...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 8 years ago

What Operating system are you using? And is it the same one you had a year ago?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 8 years ago

We have XP.

One thing that happened was it said the DirectX we had needed a different version installed and we did install it. Dunno if this helps.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 8 years ago

You might try that, you also might try updating your Video Card.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 8 years ago

OK I copied the scan on here. Maybe you could tell me what to do. OS -- Passed -- Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2 CPU -- Passed -- Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz RAM -- Passed -- 760 MB HD -- Passed -- C: (NTFS), UNICODE 1.10 GB free Video -- Failed -- Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller 64MB Graphics Required: 32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compatible PCI or AGP 3D Hardware Accelerator with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability required Audio -- Passed -- SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio OpenGL -- Failed -- Intel - 1.3.0 - Build 4.14 10.4342 Required: Non-Windows Generic OpenGL 1.4.0 drives DirectX -- Passed -- DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904) So?

Enterprise2002

Your friendly nutcase

50 XP

15th December 2002

0 Uploads

873 Posts

0 Threads

#6 8 years ago

It's possible that updating your graphics card drivers will help to fix the problem. The drivers I think you'll need are here. You should check they are the right ones for yourself though before downloading and installing them.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 8 years ago
Falconman;5394742Video -- Failed -- Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller 64MB Graphics Required: 32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compatible PCI or AGP 3D Hardware Accelerator with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability required

There's your problem. You don't have a graphic card, just an graphic chip integrated on your motherboard. Integrated solutions are not good for gaming. Sure, there are plenty of (mostly older) games that will work on such configurations (some with some minor or major problems, others without any problems at all), but you need a proper graphic card for "serious" gaming, especially for games that require 3D acceleration.

Now, you'll probably say the game worked fine before on the same computer, so there's no reason for the same game to suddenly refuse to cooperate. I've seen cases like this before. Various games that used to work fine with the integrated graphic chips suddenly won't work properly or won't work at all for no apparent reason. Why? I have no idea. :clueless: It just happens, especially if the game has been uninstalled and installed again after some time.

Unless the driver update does the trick, you'll have to buy yourself a proper graphic card. That should solve the problem. Unless you're using a laptop. Laptops can't be upgraded and their users are stuck with whatever they got.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 8 years ago

Is there some other way to get it working? All it does is load up until after the first cutscene, then when T3 is about to first appear it goes blank and stops. I'll find what it says. And it's doing this on BOTH computers!!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 8 years ago

Both computers? Are they both laptops by any chance?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 8 years ago

No they're regular computers but the same thing happened each time.

I tried to download the drivers Enterprise suggested but it said we didn't have the minimum requirements on mom's computer and on mine I don't know.