problems installing -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

When ever i try to Install kotor it gets to 32% and will sit there for 5mins and then i get this error message.

Spoiler: Show
errormessage.jpg

can someone help me plz

Enterprise2002

Your friendly nutcase

50 XP

15th December 2002

0 Uploads

873 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

At a guess, I would say that the disc is damaged.

You might also want to check that the drive is working correctly. Also keep trying it, who knows it might just clear itself up.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

ya, just looked at the disc, seems to be the problem so i guess i will have to go buy a new copy, thx for the help

obiwan3001

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

22nd October 2006

0 Uploads

236 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Wow, that suck pretty bad. Sometimes i get a similer problem. All i do is take some Window Cleaner spray that one it, air dry. pop it in and it works.

sirdaniel1975

Aut Pax Aut Bellum!

50 XP

29th November 2006

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

I had the very same problem. I'm guessing the problem is occurring right around the time when your PC is trying to recognize the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th discs for installation.

I had trouble on 2 different PC's. I had to copy and paste (I think the DAT files) to my PC's Hard drive. I made a folder called kotor in the program files of my PC's hard drive. (copy the large files to the hard drive)

During the installation, when it asked for the next disc(cd rom), I inserted the disc and selected the files from the folder off the hard drive that I had pre arranged with the above process. I think some rom drives are having difficulty reading discs 2, 3, & 4 during the installation process.

Make sure you have enough RAM & Graphics to run the game. This could also create an installation problem. Virtual memory seems to be an issue as well at times.

Good Luck

bignutjob

Heart of Darkness

50 XP

26th August 2001

0 Uploads

209 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

Not to contradict Enterprise or step on toes here, but also certain cd emulation apps or progs can stall the install process of K series. As well as cd/dvd burning apps/progs that run constantly run in the background. Like any prog that supports direct burn to disc by dragging etc etc.

Of course either your cd/dvd drive is gubbed or your disc is knackered. Do what I did. Yup, I am insane hence my nick. I bought an external dvd+/-rw drive that runs via usb. Why you say? Because it reads discs my internal dvd+/-rw won't and since I am running on my laptop it would pain me to replace the internal drive. Or I am to lazy to do it is closer to the truth LOL.

If you do replace the damaged disc go to lucas arts website. They replace them for a small fee. Saves paying out for a whole new game.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 11 years ago

k, thx guys ^_^