Does anyone know of a good .2DA editing tutorial, or would mind telling me how I could fix my problems: All twileak heads are green, regardless of body color All Remotes e.g. Baodurs, are massive and have 4-legs [they might be part of the reconstructed HK-factory] Mandalore/ Mira re-skin isn't showing. Some Clothes are textured wrong Thanks for taking the time to read this:) P.S. I think they're conflicts between 'final touch' and 'tslrcm', but I have no idea how to fix them :S
I'd recommend getting KotOR Tool and to study that a bit.
There's more than 1 thing that can be wrong, there's a character file (.uti file) that has an appearance and that appearance is declared in the appearances.2da file. A model or texture can be overwritten by putting a file with the same name in the override folder.
With KotOR Tool you can check the original files (char/item files, appearances.2da, textures) and compare them with files in your override folder.
Example: check override folder for p_mira.uti-> If the file is there then open it with kotor tool, also open the original file and compare the appearance field, edit if needed. Next - or if the file is not there - open appearances.2da from override with kotor tool, look for mira's line, open original appearances.2da, compare and again edit if needed. There's model or texture files in your override folder causing the problem if things are not fixed by now. You can get clues of the names of them in the appearances.2da file.
Or reinstall the game... ;)
If there are wrongly textured clothes, it's most likely because of conflicts in the uti-files or in the textures.
But whatever you do, don't go through the pain of re-installing the game and the mods. In all likelyhood, that won't help in any way.
@Effixian Aren't .uti files item files? and charcater blueprints are .utc? Anyway I tried your example, however I did not find the file p_mira.uti, so I tried comparing the Party NPC mira line in the original and modified appearance.2DA files. However they were both identical. I'll try looking for file conflicts in my override first and then (after creating backups) try understanding them and eventually merging them. Thanks for the help!!
Ok, thanks Tenno Aang. I won't reinstall the game or mods. You just saved me an hour of pointless reinstallation. Thanks!!
yeah you're right about the file format, my bad.
It was late :rolleyes: I was assuming you meant the outfits, you might need to check heads.2da/portraits.2da if the head texture is a problem. I was also thinking that the textures were missing but you actually wrote "reskin not showing". You can check an original texture name with kotor tool, like P_MiraA (head: P_MiraH). Next you rename your custom skin file in Override to that name if it's not the same. Should always work if no mod edited the look with some custom file in Override.
Good thinking with the backups :) Moving suspicious files out of override for a bit can give hints about problems too. If you know for sure that 2 specific mods caused conflicts then it would help to have the original downloads.
Yeah fixing things this way is the only way to merge 2 mods that conflicted. Good thing most mods work with the patcher now (I never use it though :-P, rather do it manually, think it can still overwrite existing files, see comments on some mod pages).
Some general logic about textures 0 mods installed - you've added a skin to override but you still see the standard texture in the game -> file doesn't have the right name (check original content in kotor tool for correct name) X mods installed - you've added a skin to override but you see a blank (white) texture in the game -> a file in the override folder is declaring a custom texture, texture file might be missing or have an incorrect name.
correct me if i'm wrong :)
No worries. I only got the file format right, because I looked it up in the kotor tool :)
Sorry for not being clear, I'll explain: I downloaded final touch and it reskins miras and mandalores base clothes (not underwear). However both of the reskins haven't worked, although it still changed mira's face. So i reckon either the clothing textures were overwrite or the wrong textures are being used by the corresponding .uti file.
I've been messing with the backups and I've managed to (partially) solve my remote problem with help from Lindale. It turned out the p_remote.utc was point at the apperance 'droid_mover_01' and changing it back to Droidsensorball restores it to original apperance.
Thanks for helping!!
P.S. I'm pretty sure you're right :)