Vasili

Lurking.

108,260 XP

2nd October 2006

0 Uploads

10,426 Posts

0 Threads

#11 12 years ago

No, You can only have feel no pain, Or Invunable. I believe a chaos lord can only have a max of 130 points of wargear upgrades. If you get his list and show us we will see. By the sounds if it. It's a World eaters army which is already illegal.

Lt Jonathor

Hi, WHO'S DEAD!

50 XP

30th December 2006

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#12 12 years ago

please Tell Me Why It Is Illegal!! i Need To Know!! but can u use them both for one attack

Sothas

Master of the Obvsious

50 XP

5th August 2007

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#13 12 years ago

It's 150 points, and that's ALL changing. From what I've ready, Feel no pain is going to be a plague marine thing now that comes with the mark of nurgle. There are a lot of things that are very different. It looks pretty awesome. Zerks don't get chain axes anymore... or at least they don't do the same thing. Lords and Daemon princes are different entries, and a number of different things.

Play tau against that army btw. a shooty army will beat the hell out of khorne, or if you want to beat him in assault, black templars with the thing that makes them hit on a 3+ in assault, but they're just cheesy, and i'm not a big fan. (also they worship the false emperor)

but zerks are changing, supposedly they get +1 attack and furious charge.

also defilers are going to better in assualts + fleet

And yes, it would be illegal if it is World Eaters because Oblits cannot be marked and cannot be taken in a cult army, however, if it's black legion he's ok. Black legion is kinda the loop around for all those rules because it can have everything and anything.

New codex allows oblits to be marked though, and the marking rules don't apply anymore. anyone can have anything.

Lt Jonathor

Hi, WHO'S DEAD!

50 XP

30th December 2006

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#14 12 years ago

but what is there to stop him calling it a black legion army as opposed to a black legion cos he would just say BL

Sothas

Master of the Obvsious

50 XP

5th August 2007

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#15 12 years ago

Honestly, very, VERY little.

Special Rules for World Eaters are as follows (pre-new codex):

-All Characters and units must have the Mark of Khorne. Characters and units that cannot have the mark cannot be used.

-The only daemons that can be used are those belonging to Khorne

-Vehicles may only be dedicated to Khorne, although they may be undedicated.

-Any Favoured unit allowed Aspiring Champions may upgrade one model to an Aspiring Champion for free.

-Favoured Daemon Packs or Daemonic Beasts units may add +1 to their summoning roll.

Special Rules for Black Legion are as follows:

-May use all special rules.

As you can see, it's kinda the BS way of saying, "I don't have to do what you tell me to."

Favoured means that the number of units in the squad equals the God's favoured number, in Khorne's case, 8.

Now for the complexities.

If he is using Khorne daemons, in order to get the +1 to the summoning rule they must be summoned by a World Eaters squad.

That's it. So as you can see, rules can be thrown away. This, among many other reasons, is why the codex has been rewritten. And fyi, all units will be able to take marks, but that won't matter because all armies can take cult units. Fluff armies don't exist anymore with rules attached to them.

The rules that cannot be used by Black Legion are the ones that pertain to the whole army, not just a squad, i.e. Night Lords 4 fast attack, Iron Warriors 4 heavy support, and Word Bearers 9 troops. This isn't actually said anywhere specifically. The codex is too complicated, again, a reason they redid it.

So the question arises. Why would anyone make a cult army under the old rules. My opinion? For the feel of the fluff. That's it.

Lt Jonathor

Hi, WHO'S DEAD!

50 XP

30th December 2006

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#16 12 years ago

okay i just had a look at the new chaos codex and with wat i saw i will pwn him (i think) even though the models are same ponits (roughly) they only have very few upgrades Synchronize Laughing!, :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sothas

Master of the Obvsious

50 XP

5th August 2007

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#17 12 years ago

i'm going to bet he'd actually going to end up with more models. basic troops are going to be tons cheaper because there's no more vet skills, infact a lot of it is cheaper, while some things are a little more expensive, like oblits. If he doesn't modify his army a little, he's stupid, and from the sounds of it, he's not stupid, so i'm sure it'll be different. But yeah, depending on your army you might be able to take him now.