Marshall_Brant

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!!

50 XP

3rd April 2006

0 Uploads

4,733 Posts

0 Threads

#1621 10 years ago

No worries I've watched Top Gear enough to understand your weather situation and how crappy it can be.

Marine Captain

No Pity, No Remorse, NO FEAR!

50 XP

16th October 2007

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#1622 10 years ago

I totally sympathise you OMAGIC01, as I have the same problem (I live in the South). Is it just me or does the wind ALWAYS pick up just as you prepare to spray, meaning you can NEVER get any spray on your models? As for indoor spraying, be careful. After re-spraying a few Dark Elf regiments I found a fine layer of black dust all over the kitchen (oops), but at least most of my paint ended up on the models (as opposed to disappearing in the wind)

OMAGIC01

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

30th July 2005

0 Uploads

385 Posts

0 Threads

#1623 10 years ago

I hear that lol...I live in south Wales and if its not windy and rainy then its blistering hot...Both are rubbish conditions for spraying... I too tried spraying indoors once and loeft a black mist all over myself lol

I'm painting a full company (1st) of Dark angels that i've managed to put together and painting this many models is frustrating when i can't spray properly.

Anyone ever collect in this fashion e.g. attempting to get a full company according to the codex?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1624 10 years ago

Hey these are my necrons the first is an srmy that I created that is called "The Necrons of Avus Prime" and the second are "The Necrons of Archilania" I was bored one day so I came up with and painted these schemes. Hope you like them ^_^ (oh and I threw in a picture of my monolith)

Marine Captain

No Pity, No Remorse, NO FEAR!

50 XP

16th October 2007

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#1625 10 years ago

Good effort, but here are a few tips: 1: Water down your paint much more (your Monolyth is VERY streaky). It should be the consistency of milk. Necrons have lots of flat areas, so thick paint really stands out on them. 2: You have a dark color scheme, so spray them black and then overbrush your main color (you do this by not putting too much paint on your brush then lightly dragging the bristles over the model, so that the color appears on the raised areas only and leaves the black in the recesses for shading. 3: Overbrush your metallics (they will look much better), but with gold use dwarf bronze (or similar) first, then drybrush (like overbrushing, but much lighter) gold onto the raised areas until you are happy with the look. The bronze should be left in the dips, and for really good 'crons, leave the eye sockets and mouth black. 4: with the light green and yellow, I recommend basecoating them (applying a darker color to the area first). For the yellow, I recommend the Citadel foundation Iyanden Darksun, as yellow goes over it in one coat, and it goes over black in one coat. For the green I would recommend something like snot green or goblin green, and then apply your chosen light green so you leave the origional color in the recesses. Don't get me wrong, they are a good effort. I find painting is mostly technique. I also really like the color scheme (particularly the scarabs). I also like the necron coming through the portal, a really nice touch.

OMAGIC01

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

30th July 2005

0 Uploads

385 Posts

0 Threads

#1626 10 years ago

I agree, good effort and I too like the necron coming out of the portal...Good mod idea. Take those tips on board though, because as Space Marine said, Painting is 90% technique 10% skill and no1 out there can say they don't need tips and don't learn something new just about every model they paint.