The Competition Strikes back! Welcome one and all to the second Table Top & Hobby Discussion Painting Competition! Before we get started, here are a few simple rules. (Just to remind you)
1) The model you submit must be your own. We cannot stress this further. Anyone submitting a bogus entry will have their entry removed from the competition. To ensure that models are your own, you need a photo of it in it's unpainted stage. This doesn't mean it has to be completed modelling wise, just enough so we know what you are working on. Some work-in-progress shots are also required, but are not as important as the unpainted model.
2) Conversions are allowed and are in fact encouraged. Feel free to let your creative juices run riot with the models, so long as they still look like models!
3) Miniatures must be Games Workshop models. Seeing how it is a DoW forum, it must be a Warhammer 40,000 miniature also.
4) Scenic bases are allowed. This means you can build a fancy base for your model, and this will go towards your final score.
5) This competition is for Monstrous Creatures & Vehicles only!! Now, as monstrous creatures tend to be pretty expensive, and not every race has access to them, to say that it was monstrous creatures only would be very exclusive, so I have decided to include Vehicles into the mix, as every army has vehicles usually. To avoid confusion, here are a few examples of what I will allow in the competiton:
- Walkers (Wraithlords/Dreadnoughts etc)
- Greater Daemons/Daemon Princes/Squiggoths/Tyranid Warriors etc
- Larger Heroes (Ork Warboss/Tau leader in Crisis suit etc)
- And so on...
Scoring works as follows:
- Each model will be judged in 3 catagories. Painting, modelling, and composition. Painting and modelling are straightforward enough. Composition is the way the model is presented, whether the color schemes work with the base, whether the base is good or not, how the miniature looks as a whole etc.
- Each is marked out of ten, for a total of 30 marks. The model with the highest marks wins.
- I know last time Cloud and I didn't release the winner until late, but we will stick to us two marking, as it will be the easiest to organise. Having an open poll means people can vote for themselves, which we can't allow. Having people PM me will cause too much hassle as I have to sort through all the messages and determine the winner. If there is a problem with this method again then I will seek alternative solutions.
- The winner recieves reputation points from me and Cloud, and the warm glow inside from winning. No cash prizes folks, sorry.
The competition will last for a total of 4 weeks.
In week 1, competiton hopefuls apply for a position in the competition. Unpainted models must be shown in this week. (Latecomers pm me)
In week 2, the painting competition starts proper. Finished models should be entered over the next two weeks.
In week 4, the competiton will close, and no more entries will be accepted. The judges will then mark the models, and the winner will be announced towards the end of the week.
I will enter an eldar Wave Serpant, pictures will be uploaded when i put batteries in my camera.
Hmmm.. i dont have a monsterious creature.. seeing i am a guard player. could i be aloud to enter a Blood Dragon Vampire thrall on a Horse?. if not i think i might skip this one.
I post in His Glorious Name
28th December 2004
tsss, unpainted stage... and we just finished our GK Dreadnought, great.
€dit: ah no, not totally finished yet, got to take pics asap then, you'll also be able to see the WIP (nearly finished) GKs.
And nay on the blood dragon vampire, as it is not 40k. This is a DoW forum after all, set in the 40k universe. Surely you have a vehicle or something?
Wow. Looks great so far. Can't wait to see it painted.
Hehehe i have it painted for about 2 weeks i think hehe but i thought it would be a monstruous creature com and i've made the pics of it hehe :P:P
Ah very clever. Now, I've been talking with Amon over pm a bit, and have agreed with him that if you can't provide unpainted pictures of your model, but can provide proof that you painted it, then it will be accepted. I'm not going to go into a huge description of what counts, just use your common sense.
i have vechicals but i painted them within 30 mins for are final Medusa v game (WOO HOO! i killed the chaos yegeetmor with a domilisher tank side sponser multi melta!"). anyway i got lots of cash today form working so i am thinking of buying somthing monstery.. any suggestions?.