Booyah!! Welcome one and all to the third Table Top & Hobby Discussion Painting Competition! Before we get started, here are a few simple rules. (Just to remind you)
1) The model you submit must be your own. We cannot stress this further. Anyone submitting a bogus entry will have their entry removed from the competition. To ensure that models are your own, you need a photo of it in it's unpainted stage. This doesn't mean it has to be completed modelling wise, just enough so we know what you are working on. Some work-in-progress shots are also required, but are not as important as the unpainted model.
2) Conversions are allowed and are in fact encouraged. Feel free to let your creative juices run riot with the models, so long as they still look like models!
3) Miniatures must be Games Workshop models. Seeing how it is a DoW forum, it must be a Warhammer 40,000 miniature also.
4) Scenic bases are allowed. This means you can build a fancy base for your model, and this will go towards your final score.
5) This competition is for squads only!! Squads. The mainstay of any good army. I'm assuming squads are readily available, being the most common unit type in WH40K, so I won't need to include anything else this time. There must be a minimum of 4 members of each squad. To avoid confusion, here are a few examples of what I will allow in the competiton:
- Troops (full squad of men, with or without sergeant/leader)
- Hero + Retinue.
Scoring works as follows:
- When all entrants are in, I will get a supermod to add a poll to the thread, and we will vote for who we deem to be the best model, based on painting,
The competition will last for a total of 4 weeks.
In week 1, competiton hopefuls apply for a position in the competition. Unpainted models must be shown in this week. (Latecomers pm me)
In week 2, the painting competition starts proper. Finished models should be entered over the next two weeks.
In week 4, the competiton will close, and no more entries will be accepted. The we will then mark the models, and the winner will be announced towards the end of the week.
yay hehehehe, i'm going to enter, or my chaos sister squad, or a csm squad i dont know hehee
I think I might get some of my Marines (Tactical Squad & Terminator Squad) which I got in March finished :lol:
Haha. I remember those! You had a thread on what color schemes for them. It's about time you finished those! I look forward to seeing them complete (finally)
i will enter my new gaurdian squad, i am a master of highlighting for 13!
sorry, dint see this thread when i posted a couple of mitues ago...
I count me in for a deathwatch kill team...
Radiation is good.............
16th September 2006
YOU SHALL ALL SEE MY KRIEG TROOPERS!!! in a couple of days cos they are all not finished( need supa glue!)
I post in His Glorious Name
28th December 2004
Well, as soon as my Krieg troopers get there (*shakes angry fist towards postman*) i'll enter these. I have still no idea if it'll be the platoon HQ or just a regular squad, if there'll be a scenic base or something but heh, we'll see... Now if you'd excuse me, i've got some... things to settle with the postal service, where the heck did i put my flamethrower?
am i allowed to enter a vehicle?
I thank you can't enter a vehicle. Its q squad painting comp, heheMaybe if splurge allows a squad of vehicles hehehehe