>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#41 9 years ago
yellowboy06;4986409Well, I jsut shipped it out to Mcallen, Texas so yeah. They said the repair center should get it on Monday [6 days :(] And it cost $11

My earlier point was all that extra wait and cost could have been avoided had you shipped it in with the unit in the first place.

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#42 9 years ago
>Omen<;4986637My earlier point was all that extra wait and cost could have been avoided had you shipped it in with the unit in the first place.

You can't ship them together, they ask for one of the other. Of course if he'd read the frikkin' support page on the XBOX website to start with then he already would have known to send the power brick and not the console.

Deimos

Pierce the Heavens

50 XP

27th January 2003

0 Uploads

9,197 Posts

0 Threads

#43 9 years ago

Bottom line, if your console is covered under warranty by Microsoft still, take advantage of it. Doing unnecessary work on it will revoke your warranty and set you back a few hundred clams. Only when your warranty is void should you feel up to exploring the depths of the 360. Fixing the RRoD is actually very simple (I've done a few for my friends, including DVD ROM drive issues) but sometimes they don't always last.

Ahem, but! That doesn't seem to be the issue here.

Yes. Just get a new PSU from Microsoft, and hopefully it'll all be good. :)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#44 9 years ago

Babeman;4986506Has no one here heard of the 'towel trick' for the RROD problem? It can usually prolong the xbox red ring for a week or 2 and cost's nothing. Wrap your xbox in towels, turn it on and leave it cook and get hot for a while and then take it out, let it cool down, and it should fix the problem. Here's a link.

YouTube - XBOX 360 TOWEL FIX

My friend got the RROD and he did the towel trick a couple times and got a full month out of the xbox before he had to send it in.

I had a friend who used it, then when he sent it in, they told him it had been tampered with, so they wouldn't repair it.

&gt;Omen&lt;

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#45 9 years ago
Bs|Archaon;4986640You can't ship them together, they ask for one of the other. Of course if he'd read the frikkin' support page on the XBOX website to start with then he already would have known to send the power brick and not the console.

I am a bit skeptical that their lighting diagnostic system is so flawless they're sure it's one or the other and not both that need replacing. I'd be willing to bet that if one has failed due to overheating, the other is likely about to go. Unless of course one takes the added precaution of using a LT cooler under the main unit, which is poorly cooled. Many don't do that though. Seems to me they are just being cheap ass mofos with this way of servicing their inadequately made consoles, but that kinda goes without saying.

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#46 9 years ago
>Omen<;4987407I am a bit skeptical that their lighting diagnostic system is so flawless they're sure it's one or the other and not both that need replacing. I'd be willing to bet that if one has failed due to overheating, the other is likely about to go. Unless of course one takes the added precaution of using a LT cooler under the main unit, which is poorly cooled. Many don't do that though. Seems to me they are just being cheap ass mofos with this way of servicing their inadequately made consoles, but that kinda goes without saying.

It's this simple mate - if the PSU is buggered then the PSU is buggered, if the PSU isn't buggered then the console is buggered. It's either one or the other, it's not like a PC where something that seems blatantly obvious can actually be caused by something else. If you have a problem that you know is with your CPU then you don't RMA your motherboard as well just for the sake of it, do you? If the power brick is buggered then you need a new one and if the console is buggered then MS needs it back so that they can fix it or send out another one.

Despite the ridiculously high proportion of 360s that break, the chances of both going at once is pretty minimal. And to be honest even brand new and genuine power bricks are so cheap that personally I see power brick failure as a non-issue. I mean seriously, we're talking literally like £16 or $25 here, I remember my Sony laptop went through 4 power bricks in 3 years and they cost over £70 for a new, genuine item - £16 is peanuts.