360 or PC upgrades? 24 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

Hey all. I have a situation. I ordered an Xbox 360 from Gamecrazy and they said that they would get some more in January and said they would call as soon as they hit the door, but I'm kinda having second thoughts. I'm perty sure I can take my money out of my GC account (all 400 buckaronnies). If I go ahead and get Computer upgrades which include a 17" LCD Monitor and a GeForce 6600 agp 256mb graphics card I would be playing more games sooner, but if I get the Xbox 360, I'll know that I'll get next-gen, fast-paced gaming and more. I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!!!! HELP O POWERFUL GAMING FORUMS!

-King-

People say I post too much

50 XP

11th June 2005

0 Uploads

2,370 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Considering the best games on the 360 are going to be out on PC and the console to get is the PS3 best to upgrade and wait till PS3 comes out for your console needs. I was in similar situation to you, realised getting a 360 would be waste of money.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 12 years ago

hmm.... touche. THX!:D

Agentlaidlaw

Pie

50 XP

21st February 2005

0 Uploads

3,801 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

PC upgrades.

rob.

I am the Walrus

50 XP

24th October 2004

0 Uploads

5,580 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

XBOX 360....I am a PC man, but you should defenatly get the 360.

Why? because a 6600GT will NOT power any new games well enough to satisfy you. The 360 will have the best graphics you can possibly get without buying a 3 grand PC. Your call though.

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,406 XP

17th June 2002

7 Uploads

33,654 Posts

779 Threads

#6 12 years ago

XBox 360's price will plummet after a few months. It's not like it'll be going anywhere, so you may as well wait. You have a PC now, and if it's performing badly enough for you to consider an upgrade, then that's an immediate priority. And it'll only get worse the longer you put it off, unlike the XBox 360 which may actually get better if you wait, if they release a version with those technical problems solved, or even with better HDTV support (I don't know much about them, but I understand that HDTV on 360 isn't what it was expected to be in current models).

And of course, any XBox 360 games worth playing will be out on PC eventually anyway.

nowhereman

For KAVATCH!!!

50 XP

20th April 2005

0 Uploads

1,906 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Good graphics suck if your processer can't handle them. Halo 3 will also be on the 360 soon. But I think that i'd still go for the PC unless you have a crapy processer.

ScOrPY VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

It just what Matt said, wait until price comes down for the console, get your PC upgraded. PC parts are pretty cheap for a decent upgrade.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 12 years ago
yellowhampsterXBOX 360....I am a PC man, but you should defenatly get the 360. Why? because a 6600GT will NOT power any new games well enough to satisfy you. The 360 will have the best graphics you can possibly get without buying a 3 grand PC. Your call though.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: Looky: http://forums.filefront.com/showthread.php?t=216548

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 12 years ago

You should upgrade your PC instead, computers are a way of life there used everyday game consoles are just for lesuire you should wait for a 360 sometime later in the new year.