Agentlaidlaw

Pie

50 XP

21st February 2005

0 Uploads

3,801 Posts

0 Threads

#11 14 years ago

A 6600GT runs all todays games just fine. Go for PC Parts. You be very happy. Xbox 360 is just to crap. I played one at my friends house and the thing lagged in Call Of Duty 2... I couldnt believe it... It lagged... Then the thing froze up and had to shut down because it was getting to hot.......

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#12 14 years ago
AgentlaidlawXbox 360 is just to crap. I played one at my friends house and the thing lagged in Call Of Duty 2... I couldnt believe it... It lagged... Then the thing froze up and had to shut down because it was getting to hot.......

Theres been alot of talk about faulty Xbox 360s. Microsoft even got sued over it.

Microsoft sued over faulty Xbox 360s

Microsoft is being sued over claims Xbox 360 is a “defectively designed product” because development of the games console was rushed to head off competition from Sony and Nintendo.

A US man alleges the software giant released its next-generation console to thwart uptake of next year’s PS3 and Revolution, knowing it contained a design flaw that makes it heat up and freeze.

Last week, the Redmond–based company told Contractor UK it had received “a few isolated reports” of faulty 360s, but insisted system errors were to be expected in a “launch of this magnitude.”

Gamers bemoaned system crashes after five minutes of play, others complained Xbox Live was inaccessible and this week, fans say scratched discs are the result of moving the console’s position when the DVD is inside, according to gameshout.

The catalogue of errors are too much to bear for Robert Byers, of Chicago, who claims the power supply and central processing unit in the Xbox 360 overheat, affecting heat sensitive-chips and causing the console to lock.

Reuters reports the lawsuit seeks unspecified damages litigation-related expenses, and calls for the replacement or recall of Xbox 360 consoles.

Meanwhile Microsoft encourages all unhappy Xbox owners to report their glitches to the Microsoft helpline, so that “we can troubleshoot over the phone, or repair or replace as necessary,” a company spokeswoman said.

Mini-Microsoft, the unofficial Microsoft blogger, reflected on the latest technology to emerge from his employer’s loss-making games division.

“First, Xbox sucked up one billion dollars from our company and broke that division's wallet. Now is 360 going to break our heart, too?

“I can only have faith that this is one place where Microsoft will endeavor for quick turn-around to get replacement units out, no questions asked.”

Dec 7, 2005

I think thats a perfectly good reason to upgrade your PC instead. ;)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#13 14 years ago

Get the PC upgrades... within a few months the 360 will be really cheap, get it then !

-King-

People say I post too much

50 XP

11th June 2005

0 Uploads

2,370 Posts

0 Threads

#14 14 years ago
yellowhampsterXBOX 360....I am a PC man, but you should defenatly get the 360. Why? because a 6600GT will NOT power any new games well enough to satisfy you. The 360 will have the best graphics you can possibly get without buying a 3 grand PC. Your call though.

Don't post when you don't know what you're going on about, you can spend 500 odd on getting a new system and it will run better than a xbox 360. Just spend 300 odd on some crappy old system and it will run pretty much as good as the 360.

The Contender

no, i am not a girl,but thanks

50 XP

30th January 2005

0 Uploads

917 Posts

0 Threads

#15 14 years ago

pc upgrades no question. as cool as the 360 is, you have all of that potential and then some in an up to date pc

Pethegreat Advanced Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#16 14 years ago

xbox 360=$400 for upto 5 years of gaming goodness with the best graphics out there, which will get better with time.

PC=$1200 with 2 to 3 years of being able to play games at decent level of niceness. Graphics on par with the 360 for about 6 to 8 months.

Unless you have $400 to $500 to put down every year or 2 on more ram, more HD space, and new graphics card then don't bother with the PC for now.

Don't post when you don't know what you're going on about, you can spend 500 odd on getting a new system and it will run better than a xbox 360. Just spend 300 odd on some crappy old system and it will run pretty much as good as the 360.

teh funny. You can't buy a PC as powerful as an xbox360 today, or for another 6 to 8 months. Nor can you get all that power for $400. I would love to see a 6600gt produce xbox360 quality graphics in 1920x1080 without lagging.,

I don't belive that alot of the 360's have issues. If they did, they would not be flying off the shelves.

Revenge Advanced Member

Shizzle my nizzle

117,165 XP

28th July 2004

0 Uploads

10,354 Posts

0 Threads

#17 14 years ago

Moved from General Gaming to Tech Discussion.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#18 14 years ago

I no this is going against my previous post but...

If you get a 360 you will be able to play top of the range games with top graphics for about 5 years. But. If you get PC upgrades then you will have maximum of a year playing with good graphics

Agentlaidlaw

Pie

50 XP

21st February 2005

0 Uploads

3,801 Posts

0 Threads

#19 14 years ago

Yes 1 year of good graphics as the PC then 4 years of PC graphics owning again.

Hmmmdonut

The real Homer

50 XP

6th July 2005

0 Uploads

441 Posts

0 Threads

#20 14 years ago

Pethegreatxbox 360=$400 for upto 5 years of gaming goodness with the best graphics out there, which will get better with time.

PC=$1200 with 2 to 3 years of being able to play games at decent level of niceness. Graphics on par with the 360 for about 6 to 8 months.

Unless you have $400 to $500 to put down every year or 2 on more ram, more HD space, and new graphics card then don't bother with the PC for now.

teh funny. You can't buy a PC as powerful as an xbox360 today, or for another 6 to 8 months. Nor can you get all that power for $400. I would love to see a 6600gt produce xbox360 quality graphics in 1920x1080 without lagging.,

I don't belive that alot of the 360's have issues. If they did, they would not be flying off the shelves.

1. Find me an Xbox 360 game that natively supports 1080p. Wait...You can't. The 360 only supports 720p. 1080p is just resized up from 720p. Better yet find me a tv that can support such High resolutions. Couple that with the high cost of games and hardware, the PC becomes a much better choice. That being said building a computer is not very expensive but it can get kinda of pricey. $600 should be fine if you research your parts, and build it right. I don't know the rest of the Op's specs but a 6600 (Non GT) will not delilver an enjoyable gaming exprience in Bf2 or any other new games. FEAR, COD2 might even be out of the question depending on the rest of his specs. If all you play is Source then the 6600 should be okay. The best option for an affordable gaming computer is to buy a low and overclock the snot out of everything you have. My $147 chips benches above a FX55 in some benchmarks. So if you have $500-$600 hanging around you should be able to get/build a computer. If building isn't your thing Dell has some great deals in it's outlet stores. $400 for a decent P4 rig with a gb of ram.