lilaznpinoy416

I like... Games

50 XP

26th February 2004

0 Uploads

124 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

ok. i just put on a 6600 GT. and i have a problem.. my fps is soo low on cs source. and when i play guild wars.. its really slow.. anyone know the problem?

Agentlaidlaw

Pie

50 XP

21st February 2005

0 Uploads

3,801 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Did you unstall you old drivers and install the newest Nvidia drivers? Did you set up CS:S and guide wars with higher textures and a higher res? Sometimes you can get crapy FPS if everything is on low....

TheMitter

BuriedMySoul10FtUnder

50 XP

7th March 2005

0 Uploads

276 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Hmm...uninstall the drivers, reinstall with the newest ones, go to the manufacturers website, and download the exact drivers for that specific card, and not just the ones for that chipset. Also, how much RAM u have? and cpu? Defrag your hard drive too, and do u have Norton? if so, I would recommend getting rid of it.

rob.

I am the Walrus

50 XP

24th October 2004

0 Uploads

5,580 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

No, drivers don't get released as different manufacturers. You get nVidia Forceware, or ATi Catylist....You get the nVidia GeForce 6 Series drivers.

TheMitter

BuriedMySoul10FtUnder

50 XP

7th March 2005

0 Uploads

276 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago
yellowhampsterNo, drivers don't get released as different manufacturers. You get nVidia Forceware, or ATi Catylist....You get the nVidia GeForce 6 Series drivers.

Yes they do, dude, some manufacturers implement their own technology into the card, not much of a change, but some of the drivers are different, such as my card, the GIGABYTE nVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 ULTRA GT, they added a bit of their own technology into it, and therefore, the drivers have a few added things. It wont always matter, in fact, rarely will it. And even if u don't get the manufacturers specific drivers, most of the time, it would make no difference.

Agentlaidlaw

Pie

50 XP

21st February 2005

0 Uploads

3,801 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Mitter is right. Some companies do make their own drivers for the card. But Nvidia drivers will work with the card since it is a Nvidia card.