7800 GTX 512 issue 6 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

Just blew the bank and invested in two of the above in SLI config. However, I am having the trad SLI issue of the horizontal green line in games. I have downloaded the latest drivers but the issue remains. Any thoughts people?

cheers

Dusty.

rob.

I am the Walrus

50 XP

24th October 2004

0 Uploads

5,580 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

WTF!? You have 1024MB is VRAM??? That's H4X!

Well, did you follow the instructions on how to set them up??

xsviolence

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

156 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

from: http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_ask_mmm004.html [INDENT]What are the green lines that appear on my screen when in SLI Mode? If you see horizontal or vertical green lines on your screen (shown here), it means that you have "Show GPU load balancing" enabled in the NVIDIA Display control panel. When enabled, this option shows how your GPUs are sharing the graphics load. For games that are rendered using AFR (alternate frame rendering), the vertical line will grow up and down, depending on the amount of scaling. For games that are rendered using SFR (split-frame rendering), the horizontal line will move up and down, showing how the load is being balanced between each GPU. If the upper half and the lower half of the screen have a similar level of detail, the horizontal line will stay close to the middle. To turn SLI load balancing on and off, simply follow these steps to get to the screen you see below: 1) Right click on your desktop and select "Properties." 2) Select the "Settings" tab. 3) Select the "Advanced" button in the lower right corner. 4) Click on the "GeForce 7800 GTX" Tab in the upper right hand corner (or whatever GPU you are using). 5) On the left now appears a menu; select the "SLI Multi GPU" tab 6) Two checkboxes now appear: "Enable SLI Multi GPU" and "Show GPU load balancing" 7) If you want to show the load balancing (green lines) make sure that box is checked; if you don't, make sure it's unchecked. 8) Once you've made up your mind, click "Apply" [/INDENT]

Komrad_B

Score Monkey

45,850 XP

2nd September 2004

0 Uploads

4,500 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Well congratulations, you have the strongest possible GFX setup for now. Must've been hard to find one, let alone 2 7800 GTX 512...

*The.Doctor

Trust me, I'm a Doctor

102,440 XP

25th November 2003

0 Uploads

9,964 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Two 7800 512's in SLI!? How much did that cost you?

Nice setup!

rob.

I am the Walrus

50 XP

24th October 2004

0 Uploads

5,580 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Probably alot....

I think it's a waste and will laughing next month when they are obselete. :p

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

Thanks guys - that sounds spot on - can't believe I missed it. I am at work now so will try out when I get home. Re: availability, I think I was very lucky - I pre-ordered when the card was announced and it only arrived yesterday. :) Re: cost, yes it nearly broke me - don't tell my girlfriend ;)