Oblivious

I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

2,806 Posts

0 Threads

#21 14 years ago

Is it just me, or are the specs on the new GTX a little disappointing? I swear that in months past there were rumors of the clockspeeds being even higher and that it would be using ddr4. Or am I thinking of the next ATI cards...?

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice card with plenty of other features, I just thought it was going to be even faster.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#22 14 years ago

Umm The new GTX is everthing but dissapointing when you look at the resluts it was able to play Oblvion with max settings at 1900x1200 If it could do that than who cares about the clock speeds?

PC Chipmunk Advanced Member

Please don't kick.

50 XP

8th July 2005

0 Uploads

7,866 Posts

0 Threads

#23 14 years ago

The specs are very impressive as is the performance...the price however, makes me want to break down and cry because ZOMG.

Still...i'll wait till games like UT2007 and Crysis start getting released next year.Hopefully the price would have then lowered to something below the cost of a pc...you know.

Youngy

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th November 2006

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#24 14 years ago

well thats abit of a mean comp u got there geeza

Mecha105

THE BURNINATOR!!!!!

50 XP

25th July 2006

0 Uploads

386 Posts

0 Threads

#25 14 years ago

Im really curious about this quantum physics engine. I want to know how powerful it is. If its as powerful as i think it is, there's a slight chance it might be able to handle cellfactor.

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#26 14 years ago

Wow, for the first time in my life, I'm hoping that ATi/AMD will release a new card to compete against this new Nvidia series. That's the only thing that will drive the price down on these new cards.

However, the lack of almost any speculation on a new ATi card makes me think that there's a strong possiblity that there won't be a new card from them.

zooYork

Yarrrr.

50 XP

23rd June 2004

0 Uploads

73 Posts

0 Threads

#27 14 years ago

Oh there will be an R600, theres no doubt.

According to recent news, originating in Canada, spread on a few hardware forums the new ATI R600 chip will be released around November/December 2006. The full specs include a stunning 64 shader pipelines, GDDR4 memory and will be built on 65 nm. The full specs leaked are as follows:

65nm 64 Shader pipelines (Vec4+Scalar) 32 TMU's 32 ROPs 128 Shader Operations per Cycle 800MHz Core 102.4 billion shader ops/sec 512GFLOPs for the shaders 2 Billion triangles/sec 25.6 Gpixels/Gtexels/sec 256-bit 512MB 1.8GHz GDDR4 Memory 57.6 GB/sec Bandwidth (at 1.8GHz) WGF2.0 Unified Shader

Source

Although these specs may be outdated already, we can only hope. :)

m3sSh3aD

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

30th October 2006

0 Uploads

246 Posts

0 Threads

#28 14 years ago

Yes, But like as been said before, I've always prefered ATI over Nvidia, no one can despute ATI have the better hardware and are more technologically advanced than Nvidia. Whats held them back apart from god aweful drivers is Nvidia support OpenGL and aload of other shit which ATI dont and suffer because of this.

ATI have always made better cards, Period!!! And the R600 may just put them back on top again, Where they belong IMO :)

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#29 14 years ago

m3sSh3aD;3352807Yes, But like as been said before, I've always prefered ATI over Nvidia, no one can despute ATI have the better hardware and are more technologically advanced than Nvidia. Whats held them back apart from god aweful drivers is Nvidia support OpenGL and aload of other shit which ATI dont and suffer because of this.

ATI have always made better cards, Period!!! And the R600 may just put them back on top again, Where they belong IMO :)

Don't be a jerk and turn this into a fanboy thread. I ask that no one respond in any fashion to this post.

m3sSh3aD

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

30th October 2006

0 Uploads

246 Posts

0 Threads

#30 14 years ago

Hey youth, chill out haha. Who put the spike in your ass. All i said is my OPINION, as i put at the end of the comment. Im not fanboy either, look at my sig, I OWN A 7800GTX!!! I just said that ATI always have the better, more sophisticated hardware but there drivers let them down!!! And the R600 is following this trend, The supposed specifications say that once again, its better than Nvidia's G80.

SO before telling people not respond cause YOU found something wrong with what i said says alot about you doesnt it!!!

And i will continue now!!! If thats ok with you boss??? F**K DO I FEEL LIKE FLAMING YOUR ASS!!! But ill rise above it!!!

Now ATI have merged with AMD, Im expecting better drivers as well, I think they will knuckle down oin this and incorperate better handling of OpenGL. Only time will tell on this all this of cause but i PREFER ATI over Nvidia games, THey look alot better and more truer to life than Nvidia's alomost cartoonish look.

All means though if ATI come out end of this/next month, Prices will drop drastically, Which can only be a good thing :)