lars123456789

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

11th March 2008

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

Hello there, i just bought a new 8800gt for my computer because my old graphicscard burned out... or rather, got a little bit destructed (yes, angry gamer)... so I mounted it and tried running it on my old power source unit in the computer and on the test where i hadn't plugged everything in it gave off a signal and the computer could nearly be run... while running the computer through mounting the last of the parts i found out that the connector to one of my harddrives had fallen out, so i popped it in again and tried to turn on the PC, but now there was absolutely no signal at all, the computer stood still on the boot (i think it did, cause it was still wheezing and coughing a little), and nothing really worked out as i had hoped... so i bought myself a new Power source unit for the computer and plugged it in and tried turning the PC on again, but it was still not working... now i'm wondering, is it because it was a powersource unit for an intelbased system ? I'm running athlon by the way) or is it simply because i haven't had a chance to remove the old drivers for the old card from the system that it doesn't respond? it says that it could be a problem in the manual... the power source unit seems somewhat universal because all the sockets fit like hand in glove and nothing has melted yet (even a noob like me would be capable of telling because the smell sucks!). And if it is the drivers, how can i then clear my system? will i have to unplug the harddrives again so the new card gives of a signal? i've been experimenting with it for quite a while now and am completely lost... any help appreciatet, and at the least, thanks for reading through if you did:)

Mastershroom VIP Member

Frag Out!

153,685 XP

18th November 2004

0 Uploads

14,196 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

There is no AMD-only or Intel-only power supply. If your computer won't even boot, it's probably not your graphics card. Try resetting your CMOS jumper or battery on your motherboard, then booting it back up again.

And next time, make sure everything's plugged in before you try to boot up your system. =/

Also, "angry gamer" is not covered under most graphics card manufacturers' warranties. =p

lars123456789

50 XP

11th March 2008

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago
Zamamee;4565402There is no AMD-only or Intel-only power supply. If your computer won't even boot, it's probably not your graphics card. Try resetting your CMOS jumper or battery on your motherboard, then booting it back up again. And next time, make sure everything's plugged in before you try to boot up your system. =/ Also, "angry gamer" is not covered under most graphics card manufacturers' warranties. =p

hehe, but don't think i can make a deal with them about some free anger management courses? :P... But i'll try and find out about it with the battery and the cmos, thanks for the help^^ and i'll probably also allways remember to check if everything is plugged in

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 10 years ago

This sounds stupid, but make sure the power strip is on and glowing, that you have the power cord connected securely, and that the power switch jumper is still conected to the right place on the motherboard.

iDeekz

Sniper Regiment

50 XP

15th February 2008

0 Uploads

1,052 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago
The Soleutator;4565800This sounds stupid, but make sure the power strip is on and glowing, that you have the power cord connected securely, and that the power switch jumper is still conected to the right place on the motherboard.

I see you say that a lot... It's not stupid ;D

lars123456789

50 XP

11th March 2008

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

Hello, sorry i haven't been inhere checking up for quite a while, and thanks for the advices^^ It was a really simple solution actually, cause you see, the AG-syndrome (angry gamer-syndrome) helped me kill my harddrives, both had been so badly shaken that they weren't functioning anymore... so... i feel slightly embarrased ehe :S...

iDeekz

Sniper Regiment

50 XP

15th February 2008

0 Uploads

1,052 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

Tell me about it. I'm always smashing my computer, depending on what it's doing.