Please wait...

Chiefy

50 XP

3rd October 2004

0 Uploads

1,725 Posts

0 Threads

#31 15 years ago
nimo333If all this does not come through your head, well I'll say there must be a hole in it.

I have seven holes in my head at the last count. Two earholes, you could probably count the eye sockets if you took out the eyes, two nostrils (which funnel into one hole, I know, six then) and a mouth. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm like that.

ElPana

"All gods begin in my realm"

50 XP

6th March 2004

0 Uploads

375 Posts

0 Threads

#32 15 years ago

I have a friend who likes computer stuff just like me. So I told him my decision to buy a new processor and that it'd be an Athlon 64 3500+. He laughed and said that in 1 year (or less) it'd burn out because "All the Athlons burn out within a year of being bought". I obviously pointed out the fact that maybe it was due to bad air flow/cooling, but he said that regardless what I did it'd still overheat, he then said that he has seen this happen EVEN with WATER COOLING. I decided to drop the issue, but I find what he said very stupid to say the least. But then again, if he says that he has wittnesed it then it must contain some truth. So my question is: Does any one of you people in the know have heard ANYTHING remotely similar to what my friend said? :(

nimo333

NIMO and NIMO333

50 XP

2nd October 2004

0 Uploads

389 Posts

0 Threads

#33 15 years ago

That's bullshit, I have an AMD 1200 and I have used it in playing games even DOOM 3 demo, Medal of Honor Allied Assault: Breakthrough and about over 50 games, and I even did video editing using this processor. And now the processor is over 3 years old and I'm still using it like crazy everyday. If you take care of the pc as of heat, it will be fine, you can even overclock AMD but I wouldn't do it because it will heat your room like crazy.

But if you are buying an AMD 64 3400 then you need a 1 GB of RAM to feel the speed, because RAM is important to all pc's, and also don't install the SP2 for Windows I don't think Microsoft fixed the problem yet as it is not compatible to AMD 64 bit pc's.

vypez2k7

swbf2 kotor tfu best games

50 XP

27th September 2008

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#34 15 years ago

HAHAHAHAH AMD 64 3400+ or Intel 3.4 GHZ increasing downloading speeds.?????? what???? never heard of that, get cable or satilite buddy. personally since i have intel, i go intel. and i dont like AMD, people just want to be different when they choose amd... in response to the dude hoo said that AMD burnt or something, nah AMD's are known for having a shorter life than intel, and then again u have outliers that do overheat quickly.

[+Glasius+] Advanced Member

THE snowman

50 XP

23rd January 2000

0 Uploads

1,670 Posts

0 Threads

#35 15 years ago

My AMD Athlon 1GHZ has served me well for 4+ years.

Mortal Gathum

Where is the internet?

50 XP

7th September 2004

0 Uploads

452 Posts

0 Threads

#36 15 years ago

amds have a shorter life becuase they overheat and people can be dumbasses when they oc everything that they can. as for the amd being more powerfull then p4, nimo333, do you want to bench yours against mine in a cpu stress test?

oh and btw amd is the way to go