lilaznpinoy416

I like... Games

50 XP

26th February 2004

0 Uploads

124 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

ok.. here is the problem.. with my graphics card.. when im playing a game my computer just crashes. and then hen i turn it back on.. and i enter in my password and im in my desktop again.. it just shuts down again. and it keeps going on and on.. anyone know the problem?

EDIT: oh, and just to let you guys know, i nstalled a 500w power supply the same day. maybe that can be the problem

rob.

I am the Walrus

50 XP

24th October 2004

0 Uploads

5,580 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Erm...How do you know it is the Graphics Card?? It is probably more likely to be RAM.

st.jimmy

i fort the law and the law won

50 XP

3rd December 2004

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Did you hook up the psu to the card? And run memtest to check you memory.

Chandu

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

28th November 2005

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

This sounds like the problem my friend had. Make sure that the fan on CPU heat sink is working properly. Also make sure that your RAM modules are clean, if not, cleant them with a soft, non-synthetic cloth, better use a pencil eraser to clean the glod plated connectors of the RAM. Be gentle though. Verify and let us know. I really don't think it's a graphics card problem.

lilaznpinoy416

I like... Games

50 XP

26th February 2004

0 Uploads

124 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

hmm..i hooked up the card wit hthe psu.and.... i dont think its the memory. but just in case.. how do you run a memory test?

edit: when i installed the psu.. i was a little confused... on what to do.... and maybe i didn't install it right.. is that the problem?

TheMitter

BuriedMySoul10FtUnder

50 XP

7th March 2005

0 Uploads

276 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Well...I doubt you connected it wrong, unless possibly, do u have a SATA drive? cause ome sata drives have 2 power connecters, when u are only supposed to put in one.

Cap'n Rommel

The Good

50 XP

7th August 2004

0 Uploads

8,766 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

When I had prolems with my Gt it was my mobos fault. apperantly it didnt support it, try look that up on nvidia.com

lilaznpinoy416

I like... Games

50 XP

26th February 2004

0 Uploads

124 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

well, in the reviews of my 6600 GT some people say it overheats.. maybe that is the problem with the graphics card

UNDIESRULES

Waffle-Sprocket is broke

11,795 XP

24th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,097 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

Have a look at the temp gauge in the gfx card properties and see what it idles at and how hot it gets running a game and compare them. I use that card and mine reach about 56 and they are O/C by 10% with stock fans. My pals reaches over 70 but still doesnt cut out or perform strangely.