sbscqb

Raven Shield homeboy

50 XP

4th June 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Recently, about 2 weeks ago, i was play CS:CZ and i notice i have all this little spots and flickers on my screen while im play. A witty asian who lives next door tells me I should just open my pc up, cuz its getting hot and it might be overheating in the hot weather. I do that, the situation seems to improve after i open it up and leave it off for about an hour, but after 10 mins of playing it comes on again. It has been on and off doing this for quite some time, i dont know when it occurs because my comp is like so cold and it will do it, moderate temp as well as really hot. So i dont know if it is heat. I have the newest ATI catalyst drivers 4.5, I also had some advice that i should update my BIOS, i did that. Still it persists, so i am wondering if this is some special problem that i have and maybe some advice. I am plugged into the monitor part of my gfx card, the vga slot. So tommorow i am going to try and see what happens when i plug it in, and see if that solves the problems. It never goes scratcy when i am just on the net, just when i am gaming or sometimes watching a movie. Here is a Screenshot. at first you can barely notice it, scrathes.bmp then it gets really bad so i exit and it still looks bad even on my desktop till i restart, desktopscraty400.bmp anyone got any ideas, that would be greatly apreciated, as i just bought this great gfx card it would be shame not to get any use out of it this summer. :uhm: ohh yeah here are my specs if it helps. Pentium 4, 2.53Ghz 768mb ram Ati Radeon 9800pro 128mb 100gb HD ps i tried plugging my cable into 2 different monitors two see if my monitor was the problem, the problem persisted. thanks, sbscqb

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

It may be your drivers or the card is defective. How hot is it in the room you are using the comp in? (degrees F please)

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,353 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,146 Posts

5 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Check the heat sink on the graphics card isnt lose or cracked.

sbscqb

Raven Shield homeboy

50 XP

4th June 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

First off thanks for the replies, I know that it is room temp in my room about 20degrees C, (sorry dont know what that coverts to in farenheit) and what is a heatsink? sbscqb

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,353 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,146 Posts

5 Threads

#5 14 years ago

attachment.php?attachmentid=7351&stc=1

Spyder F-16

Amerika ist Wunderbar

50 XP

2nd February 2003

0 Uploads

2,768 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Also make sure that it is plugged in correctly into the AGP slot. Also if you're an overclocker, try to let off of the O'C' speed.

sbscqb

Raven Shield homeboy

50 XP

4th June 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

not over clocking, and the gpu is not cracked, any other ideas?

Odessa

"when will this pain stop?"

50 XP

8th February 2004

0 Uploads

468 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Clean install of drivers.Make sure the old drivers are gone Go back and ask for a new card. Edit: Leave it on for a while and then check by feeling the memory...

ETE

...phone....home

50 XP

16th May 2004

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Sounds like an RMA job, check this out: http://www.sapphiretech.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4466