fatal1ty

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th July 2006

0 Uploads

92 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

For those of you who dont know, this is a mobility graphics card. BUT.... i was wondering if it would be able to run the following games: Day of Defeat: Source Counter Strike: Source Half-Life 2 or Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

PLease let me know, so i know that i will purchace the right laptop that i need

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

All of those games are pretty much the same (because they all use the Source Engine). I would say that the 200M might run them at the lowest settings possible.

If I'm not mistaken, the 200M steals all of its video memory from the notebooks ram, which is never a good thing.

I'd recomend getting something a bit better, say an x1600 in your notebook, if you want to game.

fatal1ty

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th July 2006

0 Uploads

92 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Listen i totally would, but i dont have that kind of money, and im buying this from circuit city, and they dont let you customize it. I would get it off of toshiba direct, but they are 200 dollars more and you get less. But, i am getting 2 gigs of RAM

Aliblista(UK)

Wayne brady bitches!

50 XP

18th March 2005

0 Uploads

499 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

The RAM will help but it depends on the clock speeds of the card whether those games will run. Also how many pixel pipelines it has whether it supports directx 10. Another factor you must consider is that most games dont support mobile gpus and you might get graphics glitches especially as toshiba's driver support probably wont be very good like other OEMs. Luckily there are plenty of custom catalyst sites around which can make a custom mobile catalyst driver which may help performance and glitches etc. Google around to find them. Your always best off going for a laptop specifically suited to games though like an ALIENWARE etc, and there are cheaper alternative companies around, again google around.