Aliblista(UK)

Wayne brady bitches!

50 XP

18th March 2005

0 Uploads

499 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Hi guys, Right ive decided to get an xbox 360 after realising that everything ive done to make gaming on my laptop better has been a waste of time/ money. I also want to get a (20" - 26") hdtv lcd for my room so i can enjoy xbox 360 in all its glory. However right now my dream is looking a little pricy, ive found a few good deals i think but i want to know if you guys think what ive found is good value for money or if you think you can find something better. So far ive found the best deals on ebay with an xbox 360 premium for just over £250 and a philips 20PF5320 (clicky) lcd tv for £350. Thats around £600 in total which is just below my absolute maximum of £650 (which is all ive saved and ireally dont want spend all of it). Still thats without the hdmi - dvi-i converter il need and without an xbox live gold subcription :( Is this the cheapest deal? Or can you guys find any better? Thanks, Ali

Homer Gonerson

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

6,234 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Jeez, was about to say you can get an xbox360 Premium for cheaper, but man. UK ones are more expensive. I just found one in the US for $300+$20 shipping, which is about £168. That is a nice TV (looks it to me, someone else might have something to say against it), but like you said, it is scratching the top of your budget.

Aliblista(UK)

Wayne brady bitches!

50 XP

18th March 2005

0 Uploads

499 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

ye it sux being in rip off britain sumtimes. If i lived in the U.S even the tv would be cheaper. Course flyin to the U.S to buy it might cost a little more methinks ;) Know any U.S sites that deliver to U.K by chance?

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

You don't wanna go there mate, certainly not for something the size of a TV. Import taxes, shipping and handling, increased aggro if something happens...just pay the extra money, take your kit home and get over the price difference.

Aliblista(UK)

Wayne brady bitches!

50 XP

18th March 2005

0 Uploads

499 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

ye thats wot i was planning to do... Has noone found any better deals?

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

Given that you're on fleaBay which is full of people so desperate to beat the high street that they're selling cheap as it is, no. And besides, surely that's up to you to look; saving you a couple of quid by finding a cheaper shop is hardly what I'd call a tech problem mate.

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

The TV needs a HD tuner card in order for it to be able to display HD.

As is stands now, it is HD 'ready' but it won't actually play HD until you get the tuner.

Aliblista(UK)

Wayne brady bitches!

50 XP

18th March 2005

0 Uploads

499 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

er what are u tlkin about marvin? I just want to play my xbox 360 (if and when i get it) in hd through it, all i need to do that is a hdmi to dvi-i adapter, im not looking to watch hdtv programs through it...i do realise that to do that il need a hd tuner box like Sky's for example, but to play xbox 360 through it i dont need a hd tuner surely?

oh and archaon i was just asking the tech forum gfers their advice as where the best places are to buy tech (i.e xbox 360) and whether the tv i found was a decent one since you guys are the tech experts on these forums.

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

If it's a HDTV source (which a 360 is) and the TV is HDTV ready then it'll work in HDTV. Now if you were watching TV, yeah you'd need an HDTV box of some kind, but a 360 does that.