BFG Geforce 6800 GT OC problems 3 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

Well!! After shelling out 400 bones for a new card, the darn thing will not cooperate in the least!:confused: System Specs: Intel P4 2.8Ghz Intel D850GB mobo w/ i850 chipset -Intel BIOS Version P17 -AGP 2.0 compliant, AGP set at 4X, aperature set to 256mb -latest chipset drivers installed 512mb Samsung PC-800 RAMBUS Antec True 430 PS WinXP Home w/ SP2 Nvidia drivers 66.93 DirextX 9.0c The card runs older titles okay, but in half-life 2 or doom 3, there are drawing, clipping, and artifacting errors all overthe place, and the games eventually hang or crash to the desktop. I have run 3DMark03 many times and have generated scores close to 10,000, but the same issues show uo in the tests. I have re-installed both the Nvidia drivers and DirectX, but neither one helped. HELP!

M!tch VIP Member

intermittently erratic

130,170 XP

12th March 2004

0 Uploads

11,767 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

you need to change the AG to 8x as that will cause some slowdown and also increase your RAM to 1GB if changing the AGP only improves things slightly, 512mb is sometimes a bit low for the latest games

Thinking about it.

Mortal Gathum

Where is the internet?

50 XP

7th September 2004

0 Uploads

452 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

How did you re-install your lastest drivers? Having only 512mb won't cause those type of problems and if I would have to blame anything I would say your drivers.

The reason why I asked that question b/c this is how its done:

1 - control panel < add or remove programs < select nvidia drivers and remove them 2 - use driver cleaner < follow the steps: select your card and press ctrl-c or click clean 3 - go to nvidia's site download the latest 66.93 (haven't tried the beta one yet) but be sure to save the file to your computer then run it instead of running the installation right off of the site.

If you did follow those steps for the re-install and you still have the same problems try right click on your nvidia settings and let me know what your performance and quality settings are set to.

reject

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

29th December 2004

0 Uploads

43 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

wat psu do you have is it a quality brand? psu is very important you need a well known brand and it must be heavy eg. enermax, zippy, topower, super flower, antec, ocz oh and use driver cleaner in safe mode and agp 4x is as fast as 8x