Please wait...

Homer Gonerson

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

6,234 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

I've had my Treo 680 for about 2 years now, and it's having some problems that are preventing me from making any calls (internal Mic doesn't work, headset jack is messed up). Not to mention, it's dented, dinged, scratched, gouged, and just worn. So I'm now in the market for a new phone. I want to stick with Palm, mainly for the ease of porting my contacts/memos/calendar over to whatever phone I get (but if you have a suggestion of a different phone, I'd prefer some sort of program to do the transfers for me). But also the problem with a different OS is the fact that Palm is one of the only phones I know of that has countless programs for download online.

I just bought a Palm Centro off of eBay, only to realize it doesn't have a sim card. Great... So now I get to sell it again. I looked at the GSM versions (I'm on T-Mobile, and would like to stay here) and noticed they're at least $60 more.

Anyways, I would like to see what you guys would recommend for me to purchase, as this whole "not being able to call anyone" shenanigans is pissing me off.

Guyver VIP Member

Dark System LordResiding In Insanity

41,090 XP

10th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,734 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

Not sure how you feel about Windows powered phones but here's one that T-Mobile currently is offering.

HTC Wing / P4350 (Herald) Specs & Features (Phone Scoop)

Homer Gonerson

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

6,234 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

Lord Anubis;4553935Not sure how you feel about Windows powered phones but here's one that T-Mobile currently is offering.

HTC Wing / P4350 (Herald) Specs & Features (Phone Scoop)

Yeah, I realize that, I'm not to keen on carrying the thing called windows in my pocket everywhere :/

Guyver VIP Member

Dark System LordResiding In Insanity

41,090 XP

10th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,734 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

According to that same site T-Mobile doesn't offer any Palm phones on their network.

Homer Gonerson

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

6,234 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago
Lord Anubis;4554208According to that same site T-Mobile doesn't offer any Palm phones on their network.

They don't sell any, but if you buy an unlocked one off eBay, it'll still work (I'm doing it now with my 680).