Can you replace a PC cases' side panel? 3 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,369 XP

15th December 2002

87 Uploads

22,521 Posts

1,748 Threads

#1 7 months ago

So I'm not sure if they're standard sizes or if each case is going to be wildly different.

Or if there's a better solution to my issue;

Basically I have a window in my side panel but it's a plexi plastic window which scratches easy and is hard to clean. I've seen that tempered glass is all the rage now as it's much cleaner and clearer. 

I would like to replace mine with tempered glass, basically, but if I can just replace the glass or the side panel, that seems less hassle then replacing the case altogether.

Is it possible to do?

Danny King | Community Manager |

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,404 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#2 7 months ago

Depends on the case, how it mounts, etc...

If your case doesn't specifically sell replacement side panels you're probably better off just getting a new case with the features you want.

There are cases with Tempered Glass in the sub $100 range now so it's doable.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,971 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,883 Posts

219 Threads

#3 7 months ago

I'd honestly buy a new case and transplant.

Mikey - - Lead Developer

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#4 7 months ago

Just buy a new case, remove the tempered glass panel from that case, and glue it onto your case. Easy solution.