RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,203 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,111 Posts

1,329 Threads

#1 9 years ago

I have a CM Stacker 830 case for my computer. I love it, but there is one annoying problem. The side panel rattles all the time. I have four 120mm fans installed in the side fan setup and the damn thing rattles too much. If I hold in on the side panel with a little force it doesn't rattle and is completely silent (save for the low hum of the 6 120mm fans I have it the thing, not including the 2 in the PSU)

Does anyone else have an 830 with the same problem and a possible solution short of removing some fans?

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

jjz-

Software Engineer

50 XP

16th October 2008

0 Uploads

511 Posts

0 Threads

#2 9 years ago

After making sure everything is screwed in tight, you could take a small amount of THIN rubber tubing and fit it around the edges of the door. That is what I did for my case (not a stacker, but the solution is the same). The noise was completely silenced.

G33kinator

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

11th October 2008

0 Uploads

804 Posts

0 Threads

#3 9 years ago

The stacker 830 is a tool less case i have it but i stoped useing it.

The 4 side case fans shouldnt be doing this it could be the sound of the 1 or all 4 of the fans dieing / or broke i would test each fan to pin point the cause of the issuie. Also stalker dont make both 4 fans intake. make 2 intake 2 exhaust. it works

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#4 9 years ago

Similar to what jjz said, a little bit of self adhesive foam around the panel edge should do it. Sounds like it's just a badly fitting panel (no surprise from a modern CM product to be honest) so all you need to do is fill the gap with something like that.

G33kinator

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

11th October 2008

0 Uploads

804 Posts

0 Threads

#5 9 years ago

Im gussing you dont know what / have been near a CM stacker 830.

There is no screws to place the fans in the side 4 fan place bracket.

im in shocked that i even have the case and ppl are ignoreing my answear and it is correct. lol.

frankly the fans are in so tight im shocked your even getting this issue. Did you place the fans in the brackets firmly if so they wouldn't move

504539_11135_05.jpg

as you can see there is no way it should be makeing it unless not installed correctly.

Or as i said i think your fan bearings are dieing.

i have 8 110 cfm fans in my stacker 830 well use to befor i upgraded.

and i have had no issues

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#6 9 years ago

If the noise stops when he presses the panel then it's being caused by vibrations. Something like the fan blades being off-axis or knackered fan bearings would still make a noise when he did that.

My experiences will CoolerMaster tell me one thing: Just because your one is built properly and fits together well does not mean that his is the same. So lol to you too - owning a product doesn't guarantee that you know everything about it. In fact he's talking about the panel rattling and you've showed us a picture of the fan module, not the side panel, so that shows how much attention you paid to the original post which makes it clear that the side panel itself is the source of the rattling noise.

Sgt. D. Pilla

Uber Geek

50 XP

23rd October 2007

0 Uploads

3,473 Posts

0 Threads

#7 9 years ago

Oh calm down Archaon.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,814 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#8 9 years ago

Maybe if you change the RPM of some fans the vibration wil disappear. Or put some heavy objects on the case. I had a similar problem once due to CD drive and a heavy book on top of the case reduced the vibration to acceptable levels.

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#9 9 years ago
Sgt. D. Pilla;4660488Oh calm down Archaon.

Such irony.

Oblivious

I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

2,806 Posts

0 Threads

#10 9 years ago

Yep, I'm with jjz and archaon on this one. Try to discern where in the panel the sound is coming from and add some type of vibration absorbing material such as foam, soft rubber to the mating area there.

I had to do something similar to the glovebox in my Suburban. An annoying vibration was cured by a small white adhesive piece of rubber placed in just the right spot. :)