random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

411 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,038 Posts

4 Threads

#1 8 years ago

I don't understand why my laptop keeps doing this but I keep getting error 651 on every single broadband that I try! I thought it was just me because the first broadband I tried to use hadn't been paid for in the last two months when I investigated the matter.

But then I try another and it shows the same error. And now finally when I come back home and use the one which is still working fine right now with my desktop, when I try to connect it and use it with my laptop, it just shows the same damn error. Not even something else like wrong username or password but that damn error.

My desktop uses XP pro and the laptop uses Windows 7 home basic and I did some googling and it seems that windows 7 has a bug that makes it reject all modems and routers. What are the chances of that? Or is there some other problem?

EDIT: Also the modem with my desktop at home is able to provide a wireless connection but that didn't allow me any internet access on the laptop either whereas the ones in the airport worked fine. Do I have to make an extra payment to my ISP or something for the wireless as well?

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

411 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,038 Posts

4 Threads

#2 8 years ago

Bump.

I've googled but there seem to be many possibilities that could be causing this. Can anyone confirm any of them like replacing raspppoe.sys or uninstalling virtual computer, etc.?

D3matt

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

20th November 2007

0 Uploads

2,552 Posts

0 Threads

#3 8 years ago

Reinstall drivers?