I'm in love with myself.I Am!

50 XP

8th October 2004

0 Uploads

5,668 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Hi guys.

I first had problems with SoF2 (which were solved..) when I used my new 6600 GT. But now I get problems with every game I play, except San Andreas (I'm able to play it at high detail etc.). I downloaded the Serieus Sam 2 demo today, but when I run the game, it says "New Graphics card detected, please do auto detect settings" or something like that. When I do that, my computer locks up. Same when I try to run Soldier of Fortune and my SoF2 server at the same time. When I join my sof2 server, the computer locks up in the same way.

Now I'm not able to run SoF2 anymore.. It loads the console, then starts the game, and then it kicks me to windows again, and the computer is locked up (A different way of locking up then the previous one). Well, we all know this has to do with my new 6600 GT, but what can I do to solve this?

I've tried the latest drivers, also the drivers which I got with the card. Same problem with both drivers. Here are some specs if needed:

AMD Athlon 2500+ XP XFX GeForce 6600 GT 128 mb 512 Mb Ram

Thanks in advance, and if you need any info.. just say it.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 13 years ago

Have you deleted the drivers from your old Graphics Card ??

Memorex

50 XP

8th October 2004

0 Uploads

5,668 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Not exactly.. How can I do that? (Since I have no clue which drivers are the old one..)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 13 years ago

Well thats your problem then what u need to do is go into your Add/ Remove Programs (from Control Panel) then you will be able to see all programs on your pc scroll around for your old drivers delete them reeboot your PC and then see if it works if not the card could be faulty (probly not tho seens as SA works)

Revenge VIP Member

Shizzle my nizzle

117,165 XP

28th July 2004

0 Uploads

10,354 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Go to Display (or right-click on desktop > Properties) > Settings > Advanced > Adapter > Properties > Driver and then click 'Uninstall Driver'.

Do this, restart and then install the newest driver. You may have to reconfigure your resolution and color depths afterwards too.

Memorex

50 XP

8th October 2004

0 Uploads

5,668 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

I only see the drivers installed with the cd in software list. Not the older ones :'(

Revenge VIP Member

Shizzle my nizzle

117,165 XP

28th July 2004

0 Uploads

10,354 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

Then try running 'Add New Hardware' in the Control Panel and when it asks for drivers for your new card, give it the CD with the drivers. Alternatively if that doesn't work, tell it to look on Windows Update.

This should overwrite any current graphics settings it has, so hopefully the old card's bumf.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 13 years ago

How come that San Andreas works then?? :s

Memorex

50 XP

8th October 2004

0 Uploads

5,668 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

Since San Andreas is supported with the "Nvidia, the way it is meant to be played" thingy, I think.. Not sure though.

Both SoF and Serieus Sam 2 don't have that.

RevenGo to Display (or right-click on desktop > Properties) > Settings > Advanced > Adapter > Properties > Driver and then click 'Uninstall Driver'. Do this, restart and then install the newest driver. You may have to reconfigure your resolution and color depths afterwards too.

I've tried this, no succes.. When I rebooted my computer, and the add hardware wizzard came up. It searched the windows/system32 folder and used the drivers in that folder. Which means the oldest drivers weren't deleted..

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 13 years ago

What was your old Vid Card?