EvilMonky

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st June 2004

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

i just got a new computer and i installed the drivers for my geforce, but then when i go to play a game it says i need to update even tho i already did. then when i go into device manager it shows that my video card isnt even there. anyone knw whats wrong? Specs. Amd Athalon fx-55 proccessor Nvidia Geforce 6800 Gt Windows XP Bought comp. from Vicious PC

TheMitter

BuriedMySoul10FtUnder

50 XP

7th March 2005

0 Uploads

276 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

lol, well, did you update it online, cause it could be your open gl extensions for the games....but y it wouldn't show up in your device manager, i don't no for sure. do you have a intergrated vga display adapter on your motherboard? If you do, disable that in your device manager. hmm...if you don't find it there, click start, click on "run", type in dxdiag, click on run. Click on the display tab. See if it lists the card there. If it does, do the direct draw and direct 3d tests. Report back to me after you tried these.

PSyCo_SMurF

yeah thats right, a SMurF

50 XP

7th April 2004

0 Uploads

169 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

download driver cleaner first. delete old and current drivers, doing this will make you reboot. so boot in safe mode. in safe mode run driver cleaner and get rid of anything nvidia for display driver. then restart normaly. reinstall current drivers (which i think now is 71.84) and should be set to go after the restart after that. if it still dont come up as a 6800gt or aleast a 6800 series gpu then what does it say?

Eagle One

:-D

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

2,992 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago
but then when i go to play a game it says i need to update

that could mean that your game needs updating rarther than your 6800. What game is it?