SiGuy00

"Take it out & get it Stroked"

50 XP

29th January 2004

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Yeah so im pissed. I have windows xp pro, and my computer info is in my sig. Ok So I got this video card like 2weeks ago and i am haveing problems with it. When i first installed it i couldnt PLAY any game it would just freeze up on me, but i CAN go in the menu and do shit its just when i play the actual game it freezes. But i called BFG (video card maker) and they helped me to get it running through changeing a couple things in the bios. And now it runs the game great,,,,,,,, EXCEPT! NOW it will play the game fine and then about 10 min into it, the game freezes for about 3sec, then lets me back in for about 5min (those are just guesses) and does the same thing. After it doing that for a while, the computer just lockes up and reboots it self. (My troubleshooting) I thought the card was over-heating sice that card is a BEAST! So i open the case and place a household fan next to the case (i dont have a computer fan thats why im useing a house fan) But it didnt seem to help, the computer still eventualy locks up and restarts it self. PLEASE HELP! :bawl:

Agentlaidlaw

Pie

50 XP

21st February 2005

0 Uploads

3,801 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

You may be bottlenecking. Your processor is a 3000+. It may be to slow for te 6800 Ultra.

SiGuy00

50 XP

29th January 2004

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Come on people please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSyCo_SMurF

yeah thats right, a SMurF

50 XP

7th April 2004

0 Uploads

169 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

I had the same problem with my 6800 gt oc card. After endless posts in tech forums, tuts, troubleshooting guides and calls to BFG TECH they came to find out my card was damaged. Whats great is that they will RMA the card and send you a new card back. (cheaper for them to send you new one then fix it) Besides that, is it a agp or pci-express? Also maybe your psu big enough?

Your processor is a 3000+. It may be to slow for te 6800 Ultra

A 3000+ shouldn't slow down the card. I also run a 6800gt on a sempron 2400+ (overclocked 2.0) with no problems. Both cards are over clocked past ultra stats.

SiGuy00

50 XP

29th January 2004

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago
PSyCo_SMurFBesides that, is it a agp or pci-express? Also maybe your psu big enough?

Its a AGP 8X and Whats a PSU?

Eagle One

:-D

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

2,992 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

a PSU is a power supply

SiGuy00