marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#31 14 years ago
ChanduI don't know the situation in United States, but here, it's not uncommon for motherboards to not have an AGP slot. In fact, only in the last year or so, there has been a growth of such motherbaords. My first two computers didn't have an AGP slot. My third computer had an AGP slot, but it didn't work. I couldn't get a replacement because there were no other motherboards with AGP slots. So basically the first 3 computers of mine were using onboard graphics (pathetic) Now, I am lucky enough to have gotten a solid computer. And let me assure you, BF 2 needs everybit of momory and processing power. The game is quite intensive.

Wow, Really? Almost every computer that has shipped in the past four years here in the US have included a motherboard with an AGP slot in it. The fact that that hasn't been happening in India is a surprise to me.

Compumaniac12

Website Developer

50 XP

30th March 2005

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#32 14 years ago

heres how it works here. buy a new computer for less then $350 - no agp or pcie buy a new computer for more then $600 - PCIe buy a used computer - agp

those really cheap computers are preety crappy, and sometimes dont even have the power to support a pci video card.

As for the fx5500, it doesnt run minimum/low. you can get some ramsinks for it and lightly overclock, and your gameplay shouldn't be unreasonable

N88TR

Old school pimp

50 XP

10th February 2004

0 Uploads

9,921 Posts

0 Threads

#33 14 years ago

82'F is "freezing?" Wow. So what's hot? 95'F? I shouldn't be worried about my case temp being like 82-83'F when I'm gaming? What temp should I be worried about? [I'm gonna install my new mobo and fx-57 cpu, and with the rad 9800 pro, I'm thinking about heat issues.]

Rookie VIP Member

128,030 XP

3rd May 2005

0 Uploads

11,953 Posts

0 Threads

#34 14 years ago

70 degrees (centrigrade) is relatively normal for a graphics card under load, but if it goes any higher (75-80) degrees, then you may have a problem.

Chandu

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

28th November 2005

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#35 14 years ago
marvinmatthewWow, Really? Almost every computer that has shipped in the past four years here in the US have included a motherboard with an AGP slot in it. The fact that that hasn't been happening in India is a surprise to me.

Better believe man :D I spent a lot of time and money to get hold of a motherboard with an AGP slot. Earlier I was too ignorant to realize that a good video card is needed for gaming. I finally managed to get a GeForce 2MX with 64MB RAM in 2001 from Singapore only to realize that my motherboard didn't have an AGP slot. :D You cannot imagine the kind of a situation I was in :lol: Compumaniac12, we don't have that many options here with computers man. People who live in big cities can get good hardware quite easily. But other's will have a problem and more often than not, have no choice at all.

N88TR

Old school pimp

50 XP

10th February 2004

0 Uploads

9,921 Posts

0 Threads

#36 14 years ago
Rookie_4270 degrees (centrigrade) is relatively normal for a graphics card under load, but if it goes any higher (75-80) degrees, then you may have a problem.

Holy sh1t! That's hot in fahreheit [70'C is 158'F]. Wow, so I don't think I need to worry about my case temp then, even with the new mobo, cpu and the old Radeon. Wow.

*The.Doctor

Trust me, I'm a Doctor

102,440 XP

25th November 2003

0 Uploads

9,964 Posts

0 Threads

#37 14 years ago
Rookie_4270 degrees (centrigrade) is relatively normal for a graphics card under load, but if it goes any higher (75-80) degrees, then you may have a problem.

Yeah my old X800XT hit a little over 80C in game and idled around 40-50C, some of the high end cards from ATI and Nvidia can hit around 80C in game, without having heat issues.

peepee

GF makes me horny

50 XP

19th October 2005

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#38 14 years ago

ok look guys, i had a geforce fx5500 so i know from experience, it WILL work with bf2 at medium quality. I put it with an athlon 1800+ and 512megs of ram and it ran it ran the bf2 demo quite nicely. SO YES, IT WILL RUN IT :nodding: