help? 3 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

my internet seruritys frozen so i got rid of it but i need an trustworthy adblocker which will work an links

Agent_0range

Original Gankstar

50 XP

3rd February 2005

0 Uploads

600 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Popup Blocking? I used to use Panicware Popup Stopper FREE Edition. It blocks everything unless you hold Ctrl while clicking the link to open it. Alternatively the blocker in Mozilla Firefox seems to be pretty good at keeping them at bay. Any popups you might be having might be because of Adware installed on your computer. Scan your computer using Ad-aware and Spybot Search & Destroy. This should keep your computer free from any nasties, and best of all, these programs are free.

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago
Agent_0range Any popups you might be having might be because of Adware installed on your computer. Scan your computer using Ad-aware and Spybot Search & Destroy. This should keep your computer free from any nasties, and best of all, these programs are free.

Add SpywareBlaster, and a good firewall, and you should be fine.

I hear the Google, and Yahoo toolbars are good at stopping ads, and pop-ups. I've never used them, I hate add-on toolbars, they just just decrease the screen area.

Agent_0range

Original Gankstar

50 XP

3rd February 2005

0 Uploads

600 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

:agreed Yeah I didn't know he might need a firewall too. I use Sygate Personal Firewall and ive never had any problems with it. Its easy to use and doesnt hog system resources, plus, once again its free :D