f3tus

TeH DeaD FetuS

50 XP

7th January 2006

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

hi well the story .... my computer offen resets itself and i have tryed everything but i cant find out what the problem is. the only thing i can think on is over heating ... but the side of my computer case is off to keep it cool and the tempreture indicator says the temp is fine. any one know what could be causing this ? p.s + its not a virus i jsut had my computer totally wiped clean and re installed windows and while installing and downloading everything else i left my anti virus and firewall on and they havnt found anything.

rob.

I am the Walrus

50 XP

24th October 2004

0 Uploads

5,580 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Are you Overclocking??

Post your Specs, and your Power Supply.

f3tus

TeH DeaD FetuS

50 XP

7th January 2006

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

hmm .... im not very gud with all this sort of stuff .................how do i find out my specs and stuff sorry if you cant be assed goni into it jsut tell me to fuk off =P

f3tus

TeH DeaD FetuS

50 XP

7th January 2006

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

does this help pcspecs4no.png

ScOrPY Advanced Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Do you know how many watts the power supply is ?

Revenge Advanced Member

Shizzle my nizzle

117,165 XP

28th July 2004

0 Uploads

10,354 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

^ If you don't know your power supply's wattage, then it should be printed either in any manuals which came with the computer (if it was bought pre-built) and if not there then printed on the actual power supply. You'll have to open your computer up to read it if it isn't on a manual.

MrFancypants Forum Administrator

The Bad

218,319 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,050 Posts

9 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Also keep in mind that XP reboots automatically instead of displaying bluescreens. I think you can turn this option off somehow, maybe you should try that to make sure that it is not a software-problem.

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

55 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Start > Settings > Control Panel > System

Go into the "Advanced" tab and click the Settings button under "Startup and Recovery." Uncheck the option that says "Automatically restart" in the "System failure" group box. Hit OK and dismiss any warnings. Windows will want you to reboot; you can do it now or at some future point.

Do that, and you'll get to see BSODs ans they're thrown. Very helpful for diagnosing problems.

f3tus

TeH DeaD FetuS

50 XP

7th January 2006

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
C38368Start > Settings > Control Panel > System Go into the "Advanced" tab and click the Settings button under "Startup and Recovery." Uncheck the option that says "Automatically restart" in the "System failure" group box. Hit OK and dismiss any warnings. Windows will want you to reboot; you can do it now or at some future point. Do that, and you'll get to see BSODs ans they're thrown. Very helpful for diagnosing problems.

i dun that it was already unchecked the battery is 300 W

how do i check if im ' overclocking '

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

If you don't know that your overclocking, you're almost certianly not. A 300W power supply isn't too great, but it should be fast enough to power your computer.

Tell us, has there recently been any new hardware installed inside the PC?