littlejohn1959

live,love,laugh, and ,,,,GAME

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

i just got it hooked up . im sure it will need a bit of fine tuning . this monitor is awasome . the pics are took with a digital camera . cheers .

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Well, I have two things to say.

Firstly, it appers that the monitor might be set to be a tad too bright. Secondly, what resolution are you running the monitor at?

Oh, and PS, lose the sticker at the top of the monitor.

littlejohn1959

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago
marvinmatthew;3268150Well, I have two things to say. Firstly, it appers that the monitor might be set to be a tad too bright. Secondly, what resolution are you running the monitor at? Oh, and PS, lose the sticker at the top of the monitor.

1680 x 1050.. 60 hz . yes i know its bright . im playing around in the nvidia controll panel .. ill darken it up some . its all new to me . but man i tell ya , i love it . for sure. if im not mistaken , you helped me choose this monitor . i did post for suggestions on a monitor a while back . im not sorry i got this one . its a great monitor . ill fix the brightness . i have to get use to it . if you have any suggestions , send em . cheers . cheers ..

marvinmatthew

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Hmmmm.....

1680x1050, eh? The icons look too large for you to running at that high of a resolultion. Perhaps you would be kind enough to take a screenshot for us?

littlejohn1959

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago
marvinmatthew;3268204Hmmmm..... 1680x1050, eh? The icons look too large for you to running at that high of a resolultion. Perhaps you would be kind enough to take a screenshot for us?

i have my icons set that way . to show em off , so to speak . i did that in the display panel a while back . i think the screenshot is there . alt printscreen . i think i did that right . cheers .

marvinmatthew

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

It looks incredibly nice.

*marvinmatthew shutters in a jealous fit*

You might wanna find a desktop backgound that is suited for your monitors resolution. But that seems to be the only fault that I can find with that monitor.

littlejohn1959

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago
marvinmatthew;3268239It looks incredibly nice. *marvinmatthew shutters in a jealous fit* You might wanna find a desktop backgound that is suited for your monitors resolution. But that seems to be the only fault that I can find with that monitor.

i think if you were here , in my room , you would like the desktop . it a NVIDIA THEME . i got it from another forum . some young lad did it , and put it on the forum . kinda neat . i think . there is settings on the monitor ,, brightness , contrast etc ,, there is alos settings in the nvidia controll panel , the controll panel is where in setting things . is that o.k?? cheers .

Oblivious

I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

2,806 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Looks nice! How does the 7600gt do for gaming at that resolution?

littlejohn1959

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago
Oblivious;3268250Looks nice! How does the 7600gt do for gaming at that resolution?

its only about 2 hours old . i put in call of duty , americas army , lock on , just to get a few picks with the digital . , i only ran the games for a few minutes like . but man , this is wicked . i need to adjust it some . im adjusting in the nvidia controll panel . thats o.k?? cheers .

oh yea , and when i put the older games in ,a little screen poped up telling me that the monitor would work best at 1680 x1050 . i may have to try and fix that in the config folder of those older games . i think . cheers .

marvinmatthew

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

I personally use the Windows properties Window when I want to change a display setting. This is because I don't like the Nvidia tool running in the background of my computer.

Oh, and PS, try to edit your old post instead of creating a new one in the future. 'double-posting' is generally something that's not appreciated in the forums.