littlejohn1959

live,love,laugh, and ,,,,GAME

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#11 12 years ago
marvinmatthew;3268338I personally use the Windows properties Window when I want to change a display setting. This is because I don't like the Nvidia tool running in the background of my computer. Oh, and PS, try to edit your old post instead of creating a new one in the future. 'double-posting' is generally something that's not appreciated in the forums.

sorry about the double post . really . ill play more with this monitor for sure . i just played a dvd [eagles , fairwell tour ], it looked real good . i may have a problem with older games i play . a question? sould i set the monitor to the resiloution of the game . for instance . i play comanche gold . its an old helicopter flight sim . it runs at 800 x 600 . if i keeps the resolition at 1680 x 1050, will the game play , im wondering . sorry for the double post again . no harm done,, hopefully . cheers .

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#12 12 years ago

The double post is nothing to lose sleep over, just try to remember not to do it again.

As for your question, the game phyisically won't run at that high of a resolution (the one that you have your monitor set to). So when you run it, Comanche Gold will force your monitor to run at 800x600. Idealy, you will get black bars on the left and right side of the screen, or, the game itself will just strech itself out to fit the entire monitor.

Guns4Hire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd September 2002

0 Uploads

15,559 Posts

0 Threads

#13 12 years ago

That is a sweet monitor. Have fun with it. I found a review on it with some user pics. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1026462

littlejohn1959

live,love,laugh, and ,,,,GAME

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#14 12 years ago
marvinmatthew;3269016The double post is nothing to lose sleep over, just try to remember not to do it again. As for your question, the game phyisically won't run at that high of a resolution (the one that you have your monitor set to). So when you run it, Comanche Gold will force your monitor to run at 800x600. Idealy, you will get black bars on the left and right side of the screen, or, the game itself will just strech itself out to fit the entire monitor.

it streched .. all my old games streched . not a bad looking strech though . but man , do they ever look different . im seeing little details that ive never saw before . everything looks so sharp. im one happy camper with this monitor . thanks for the reply and info there . im time , ill learn , i guess .. ha ha . cheers .