GateCrusher420 VIP Member

What is this place?

71,308 XP

17th February 2007

0 Uploads

6,235 Posts

2 Threads

#2 10 years ago

OMG OMG OMG !!!!! I SO WANT IT!!!!!!!!! I've got an old(er) Razer Diamondback and I love it. I might consider getting this one.

Metall_pingwin

Call me Pingwin

50 XP

26th May 2005

0 Uploads

7,238 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

NO WAY! There are so many DPI YOU CANT EVEN FEEL THE DIFFERENCE.

Honestly, it's the same thing with monitors - thousands of numbers and statistics that have gone beyond human perception a loong time ago.

Al the Octopus

Hold my calls.

50 XP

9th January 2009

0 Uploads

170 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

Well, at some point you have to say, "how much is too much?"

I like the wired/wireless functionality, but 5600 dpi is just crazy.

LaughingCheese

Behold the Power of CHEESE!!!

50 XP

16th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,100 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

Wow. I've never even heard of these guys (Razer). Thanks for the link!

Is it just me or do you not see their products in most stores? At least at the Frys that's closest to me, and most electronic stores in my area, I only find Logitech, Saitek, and Creative Soundblaster.

How do their gaming headsets compare to creative? I just got a creative headset for Christmas, and its pretty good, so I'll be sticking with it for a while.

Are these guys online only?

Thanks

Mastershroom VIP Member

Frag Out!

153,685 XP

18th November 2004

0 Uploads

14,196 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

5600 DPI would be just insane. I have a Logitech G9 that tops out at 3200 DPI, and if I want to really take advantage of it, I have to turn all sensitivities way down in Windows and whatever games I'm playing. Quite frankly, I don't want anything more than that. As far as I'm concerned, the G9 is the perfect mouse, in terms of function, features, and comfortable grip.

Al the Octopus

Hold my calls.

50 XP

9th January 2009

0 Uploads

170 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

Laughing Cheese;4759903Wow. I've never even heard of these guys (Razer). Thanks for the link!

Is it just me or do you not see their products in most stores? At least at the Frys that's closest to me, and most electronic stores in my area, I only find Logitech, Saitek, and Creative Soundblaster.

How do their gaming headsets compare to creative? I just got a creative headset for Christmas, and its pretty good, so I'll be sticking with it for a while.

Are these guys online only?

Thanks

Nope. Razer is a major manufacturer of gaming gear, mostly keyboards, mouses and headsets, too. You can find them in some big stores if you look around (Best Buy carries them). Most of their sales come from online retailers, though, like Newegg or Tigerdirect, etc. They make some nice stuff, and seem to be pretty well respected.

jjz-

Software Engineer

50 XP

16th October 2008

0 Uploads

511 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago

Wireless? For a gaming mouse?

It better have ZERO input lag. Because that would be a first for wireless gaming mice. And that would make it a great mouse. Otherwise, pass.

Mastershroom VIP Member

Frag Out!

153,685 XP

18th November 2004

0 Uploads

14,196 Posts

0 Threads

#9 10 years ago

jjz-;4759930Wireless? For a gaming mouse?

It better have ZERO input lag. Because that would be a first for wireless gaming mice. And that would make it a great mouse. Otherwise, pass.

According to the specs, it has 1ms response time, which is completely imperceptible to the human brain. It also has an optional connection cable to allow fully wired use.

Logitech has a pretty successful wireless gaming mouse as well, the G7. It's basically the G5 minus the cord.

Al the Octopus

Hold my calls.

50 XP

9th January 2009

0 Uploads

170 Posts

0 Threads

#10 10 years ago

jjz-;4759930Wireless? For a gaming mouse?

Naw, it's both. The wired cord is detachable, so if for some reason you weren't gaming with it, you could use it wirelessly.